Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

thinking of selling my 1976 turbo carrera. do I leave some cool parts?

I have a very early (#00034) 1976 Silver Turbo Carrera that I may need to sell very soon. I bought the car on Pelican a couple years ago and have been slowly restoring and "upgrading" it. I have just finished having the original 3.0 motor, trans and turbo rebuilt. My 'upgrades' were a '73 'Fatty' symmetrical steering wheel(freshly recovered), vintage period correct sport seats (recovered to match the cars original 'russet red' interior) and 72' 9" fuchs 15" wheels for the rear ( 8"s on the front) I still have the OEM pieces
my question is should i strip the car of these items and reinstall the originals? i know they are all highly merchantable on their own. But I like the idea of leaving the vintage pieces that really do improve the car in place. does anyone have any thoughts? Thanks!

Old 02-18-2020, 12:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

its doubtful you will receive any additional $ for the car with the parts installed. In fact, sounds as you may lose quite a bit of $ with that engine/transmission build unless you were in the car right when you bought it. take the parts off, and sell them separately.
Old 02-18-2020, 12:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrx7tt View Post
its doubtful you will receive any additional $ for the car with the parts installed. In fact, sounds as you may lose quite a bit of $ with that engine/transmission build unless you were in the car right when you bought it. take the parts off, and sell them separately.
I am not trying to make money that's for sure, Its been a fun car to own.
Old 02-18-2020, 01:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

I would say to replace the car back to stock, and give the buyer the option to purchase the other parts. Were you able to source a whale tail?
14 535i M Sport
Old 02-18-2020, 02:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by WPOZZZ View Post
I would say to replace the car back to stock, and give the buyer the option to purchase the other parts. Were you able to source a whale tail?
Might be the best option and Yeah the car had the original tail.
Old 02-18-2020, 02:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Is the engine and transmission matching numbers to the chassis?

Rahl
Old 02-18-2020, 02:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by 356911930 View Post
Is the engine and transmission matching numbers to the chassis?

Rahl
Yes everything is matching
Old 02-18-2020, 03:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Non User

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WPOZZZ View Post
I agree with above. Unfortunately the market for these have come down considerably over the past year or two... If you leave the items installed, itís likely you want get paid for them.

GLWTS!
'76 Turbo Carrera #311 - Factory LSD, Sport Seats
'75 914 GT clone project
'71 914 track car
Old 02-18-2020, 03:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Registered

Leave the parts on, offer the stock parts with the car as well. Come up with a price you feel comfortable with(which include the extras). The car is probably more appealing the way it currently sits. Which may in turn give you a quicker sale. If it doesn't sell then remove the extras and replace them with the stock parts. Oh and post a pic or two when you get a chance.
Old 02-19-2020, 01:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Quote:
I would say to replace the car back to stock, and give the buyer the option to purchase the other parts.
THIS ^^^ x100.
I made that horrid mistake once and will never do it again. Sold a really cool car with rare parts for pennies on the dollar. The next one was put back to stock and the cool parts offered separately.
Old 02-20-2020, 05:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by speednme1 View Post
Leave the parts on, offer the stock parts with the car as well. Come up with a price you feel comfortable with(which include the extras). The car is probably more appealing the way it currently sits. Which may in turn give you a quicker sale. If it doesn't sell then remove the extras and replace them with the stock parts. Oh and post a pic or two when you get a chance.
I like this approach best to be honest.
The thought of taking period correct sport seats out and replacing them with sofas for the sake of it makes my stomach turn..
And the fatty wheel.. it looks identical but feels and works so much better.
Photos will come when I get the car back later this week.
Thx!
Old 02-20-2020, 07:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speednme1 View Post
Since you say you're not really trying to make any money- save yourself the work. This isn't real estate where buyers want fresh white walls. They'll either love your choices or prefer stock. You may even find a buyer who wants it stock and will pay you to do the work to put it all back. Not every buyer wants to do the work themselves.
Old 02-20-2020, 09:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuandAns42 View Post
Since you say you're not really trying to make any money- save yourself the work. This isn't real estate where buyers want fresh white walls. They'll either love your choices or prefer stock. You may even find a buyer who wants it stock and will pay you to do the work to put it all back. Not every buyer wants to do the work themselves.
Thatís the challange with such a rare and early example. But I think your advice is on the money. I may sell off the 9x15ís since those are spendy and really only make sense if your driving the car aggressively which at this point in restoration I would be hesitant to!

Old 02-21-2020, 08:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: