Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Garage
3.4 Turbo Keeps Blowing Off Intake Elbow Pipe @ Throttle Body / Lost To 700hp Vette

Hello All,

Running 3.2 carrera intake on 3.4 efi turbo conversion. Intake pipe @ throttle body keeps blowing off then no boost especially when you need it…. Anyone have similar experience with this setup? Also, I apologize in advance for the ugly title of this video. This can not stand. We must slay this dragon! lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfq3mRyw0EQ&feature=youtu.be

Thank you!

Last edited by DSM; 10-26-2020 at 12:23 PM..
Old 10-26-2020, 05:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

How much boost? I have a silicone elbow that requires heavy clamping force but is ok at .7 bar...and slightly above.
2000 K1200rs (gone, due to above)
Old 10-26-2020, 03:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
.9 Bar

Thanks!
Old 10-26-2020, 05:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Slantnose from HELL

Why are you using a t-bolt clamp on a aluminum tube? And what’s with the slot under the clamp? I changed the factory T-Body for a Accufab unit and machined a extended ring for better sealing surface. Then machined a ring to accept an o-ring and mounted it in the end tank of the intercooler. Then I made standoff brackets that mount to (4) bungs that are welded to the intake, and then (4) more welded to the intercooler. The factory T-Body has a really short lip for sealing.

Old 10-26-2020, 05:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJF View Post
Why are you using a t-bolt clamp on a aluminum tube? And what’s with the slot under the clamp? I changed the factory T-Body for a Accufab unit and machined a extended ring for better sealing surface. Then machined a ring to accept an o-ring and mounted it in the end tank of the intercooler. Then I made standoff brackets that mount to (4) bungs that are welded to the intake, and then (4) more welded to the intercooler. The factory T-Body has a really short lip for sealing.
This is one of those things where you look at it and say its probably going to be a problem but have a million others things to do when restoring/modifying/upgrading the entire car! That’s a nice setup you have. Thank you for sharing.

Found this old thread on the subject. Some good info here also.
EFI Plumbing from Intercooler to Carrera 3.2 Throttle body
Old 10-27-2020, 03:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Slantnose from HELL

I know about the throwing things together and hoping it will work method. My adolescent days was full of plenty of those!! At least it honed my building skills to what they are today!! Adding a Wiggins assembly to the T-Body and charge pipe would definitely do the job. For sure not leaks or popping off during boost. You could also use a Vibrant coupler also (simular to Wiggins).
Old 10-27-2020, 04:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Registered

I agree that the clamp on pipe will never hold. The wiggins assembly is a great idea-accufab has the parts, but it will require welding. A simple silicone elbow would work as well. I 've read the cautions about them, but they're cheap and mine has gone several years.
2000 K1200rs (gone, due to above)
Old 10-27-2020, 09:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
lol squashed bug.

Old 10-27-2020, 10:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: