Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
vin troubles

I cant read the vin stamped by the smugglers box on my ROW 930. But the trunk has 2 coats of paint. On a 911 the stamping Ive seen seems to have each digits font as a outline of the digit ( ie a zero would like like a o inside a O. The 930 seens to have a simple line font. So I either apply some paint remover to get to the bottom of it, or someone tells me a stamp for a ROW or 930 is different than a 911. Hows that for a stumper?
Old 10-31-2006, 06:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

The VIN stamp on the smugglers box is usually the chassis number and will not match the other VIN numbers on the car.

Should be something like WP0ZZZXXXXXXXXX

Use the VIN on the door jamb plate and\or the metal plate in the trunk - inner fender well.

AFJ

Ihr Brunnen der nutzlosen Porsche Information
Old 11-01-2006, 03:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
The number is a wpozzz on the stamp. The stamping font looks different than a 911 I looked at. Its a row car and the vin on the metal plate is also a wpozzz. I took cleaner to it, and 2 trouble lights last night, the digits that I can read match. I also confirmed that there is a second coat of paint in the truck ( making it harder to read the vin ). The serial# that is stamped is indented a bit on the stamping surface, the 911 I looked at wasnt. Can anyone confirm if their row or 930 stamped vin is indented, or is the surface flush? Or maybe the stamping process and font is different from a 70's 911 and a 84 row 930.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: