Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally posted by rooked 930
Talk about timing! I was just pulling the plugs last night and looking at what I had (Bosch W3DPO) and what I was thinking of trying (NGK BP8ES). I didn't actually go for the NGK's due to cheapness, but instead they seemed to be a recommended replacement plug for the 3.3t.

Now, after reading this thread... hmm. I'm also wondering about the different style of electrode between the NGK and Bosch - does the Bosch have an advantage in that regard, as well as being Platinum?

Do you guys bother cleaning your plugs and putting them back in, or always throw away? My W3DPO's have maybe 2000 miles on them max, but a little sooty (too cold?).

Quick car stats: B&B exhaust, K27-7200, Andial enrichment, stock WG, 1bar spring, modded Euro fuel distributor.

Cheers,
Rob.
I have never EVER seen W3DO plugs with a perfect tan color. They are always black and sooty. They are just way too cold. Porsche used those in the early days as extra insurance against detonation/pinging/pre-ignition because they knew their customers were going to drive the crap out of these cars on the street & track.

With todays fuels, you can get away with a warmer plug for street and track. Heck, 993TT's and 996TT's use a BOSCH 6 heat range copper plug. I run a 5 heat range in my hard driven street turbo and they are holding up well. I may even go to a 6 heat range next time I service the plugs.

I found with the 3 heat range, I was fouling plugs every 4K miles and plugs should last you significantly longer than that, especially when you're paying the rediculous amounts for the W3DPO platinums
Protomotive MAP ECU, Twin Plugged Heads, GT2-EVO CAMs, 3.3L fully finned P&C's, ARP fasteners, C2T head gaskets, Titanium Retainers, Turbo spec valves, springs & guides, 964 splash valves, GT35R BB turbo, GSF Stainless Headers, Magnaflow Exhaust, Full bay Intercooler, TiAL 46mm w/gate, TiAL 50mm BOV, Apexi AVC-R EBC, SPEC Stage3+ Clutch kit, Crane CDI Ignition
Old 05-02-2007, 09:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)

Garage
Has anyone tried Denso U-groove W24ESR-U. I had my car apart and a The local Parts house said they were comparable to the stock application...They seem to run OK in my 87 930....

Bob
Old 05-03-2007, 05:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: