Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Stumble, high idle

I was driving my 87 -930 at a steady 50mph ( wife was with me and I had to behave ), when she started to run rough and stumble. I thought she was going to die everytime I had to slow, I kept the revs up around 3000 and made it home about 2 miles. For the last 3/4 of a mile she ran fine. When I stopped I notice the idle was steady at 2000rpms while stopped. I shut the car down and restrted..same thing 2000rpm idle. I started the car the next morning ans she wanted to die after idling at an unsteady 300-500rpms. I kept her running by keeping the idle up around 2500 for about 20 seconds. After that she ran smoothe but the idle was steady at 2300rpms.

I am not overly concerned, I know I didn't break anything major as she isn't blowing, smoke, knocking, missing, down on power, has boost, etc. My mechanic thinks vacuem leak, auxiliary air valve or maybe WUR. What say you??? Where would you start??
Old 11-03-2006, 07:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

First, crimp off the hose going from the intercooler to the aux air regulator and see if that corrects the problem.

If that does not, get a can of carburator cleaner from Wal-Mart Spray it around the
vacuum lines and see if the idle changes If it does you found a vacuum leak.

AFJ

Ihr Brunnen der nutzlosen Porsche Information
Old 11-04-2006, 09:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Thanks, I'll try
Old 11-04-2006, 10:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: