Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Merv, I have a side to side intercooler, if I need to fab new piping to make it work, That is what i will do
Perfectpower.com
Old 11-14-2006, 03:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Yerman, was your 489RWHP @ 16psi using the GT3740 turbo?
Protomotive MAP ECU, Twin Plugged Heads, GT2-EVO CAMs, 3.3L fully finned P&C's, ARP fasteners, C2T head gaskets, Titanium Retainers, Turbo spec valves, springs & guides, 964 splash valves, GT35R BB turbo, GSF Stainless Headers, Magnaflow Exhaust, Full bay Intercooler, TiAL 46mm w/gate, TiAL 50mm BOV, Apexi AVC-R EBC, SPEC Stage3+ Clutch kit, Crane CDI Ignition
Old 11-14-2006, 03:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

yes, but My brother frank was dynoing the car. The intercooler was heat soaked bad and there was no fan on it. He said, I would of made 15-20 rwhp more if the intercooler was cooler. Also i was running pig rich ,10.5-11.0 a/f all the way to 6500 rpm's , he could of pulled it to 7k, no problem.

High Hp days are over, Now I seeing how fast i can go around a road coarse, I even had to lower the boost because it was just to much power on the smaller turbo.
Perfectpower.com
Old 11-14-2006, 06:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Sounds insane!

What turbo are you running now Tony? The GT30R?
Protomotive MAP ECU, Twin Plugged Heads, GT2-EVO CAMs, 3.3L fully finned P&C's, ARP fasteners, C2T head gaskets, Titanium Retainers, Turbo spec valves, springs & guides, 964 splash valves, GT35R BB turbo, GSF Stainless Headers, Magnaflow Exhaust, Full bay Intercooler, TiAL 46mm w/gate, TiAL 50mm BOV, Apexi AVC-R EBC, SPEC Stage3+ Clutch kit, Crane CDI Ignition
Old 11-14-2006, 07:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by YermanCars
Merv, I am going efi. I bought Mike's SDS system, I will be twin plugging it w/ the 964 twin dizzy. I can't wait to have it all together.
Hi!

Why dizzy? SDS is fully compatible with direct fire. You only need to buy two coilpacks and install crank pickup to make it work in dizzy-less mode.
Old 11-15-2006, 02:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by WydRyd
Sounds insane!

What turbo are you running now Tony? The GT30R?
No Merv, I am not running a bb turbo, it is a Precision 5252e. I get full spool by 3100 rpms at 1bar.
Perfectpower.com
Old 11-15-2006, 07:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Cool UPDATE!!!

Well guys, I picked up the car last night and I must say, it's a totally transformed BEAST now

The pre-boost torque and drivability with the GSF headers & GT35R BB turbo is amazing. This turbo is a MONSTER guys When it spools, it whistles VERY loudly, almost to the point of scaring me from applying further throttle

The last few days have been quite wet down here, so I haven't really had a chance to get a feel for what this new setup can do, but my initial impressions are that it will meet and probably exceed all my expectations.

I'm not too sure about the SPEC Stage3+ clutch as yet. It's new, so I guess it needs proper breaking in, but I'm not very familiar, or use to, the on/off feel of this clutch. I'll give it a few months and see how it goes.

The Magnaflow single out muffler sounds great. Not TOO loud and not too quiet. Again, I haven't applied full throttle yet to experience the whole system, but I like the sound of the Magnaflow and the build quality and welds are of a very high quality.

I was quite surprised that the GT2 EVO CAMs don't sound as lumpy with a proper header setup & the GT35R. The older K27HF and factory heat exchangers made the engine idle quite lumpy, but now it's very smooth. Probably because of the more efficient exhaust flow and split/divided housing on the new turbo?!?

I can't wait for some dry weather this coming weekend so I can experience this new configuration completely
Old 11-15-2006, 01:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Merv, At what rpm is full spool?
Perfectpower.com
Old 11-15-2006, 02:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Don't know yet... haven't even had the car for 1 day and it's been raining non-stop, so I can't tell you just yet. This weekend should be nice and dry, so I'll provide some numbers after I've had a chance to put her through her paces

All I can really tell so far is that it is significantly stronger than my old setup!
Old 11-15-2006, 02:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: