Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

stand alone AFR gauge for LM-1

Is there a gauge out there that I can plug straight into my Lm-1 for the dash? I want to put the Lm-1 on the floor somewhere (permanent) and get a gauge for the clock hole. There must be a WB gauge cheaper than the x16 for 229.
anyone done this?
Old 11-12-2006, 02:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Jerry -

I plan to use the LC-1 digital gauge, and mount my LM-1 in a similar stealth location.

OR, just hide most of the LM-1 except for the readout.

Post what you actually end up using. ok?

Glenn
Old 11-12-2006, 03:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I just found these http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=170
we'll see how it goes.
Old 11-12-2006, 03:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I bought an analog gauge from Westach and mounted it in an old clock housing and put it in the clock opening. If you use the LC-1 you can program it to match the voltage of the particular gauge. I personally don't like the led displays as I found them to be distracting.
Old 11-12-2006, 07:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I bought an analog gauge from Innovate and installed it. The gauge was $60 or so. The only thing I don't like about the gauge is it seem to read low when it is cold out.

Dean
Old 11-12-2006, 03:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

you would think I would have found that at innovate before I started looking elsewhere. But I think I'll like the LED better, I really only want to see it at full boost.

I wanted something in view and it's hard to look at the LM1 when you're not logging. The cable from the exhaust only reaches the passenger seat.
If the LM1 shipped with a longer o2 sensor cable it'd reach the dash and I'd put it under the other gauges.
pisses me off how much money I've spent at innovate, all the cords and serial to USB etc. There comes a point where too much is just to damn much.
they make a great product though. And have a good forum.
Old 11-12-2006, 04:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]

Quote:
Originally posted by jbrinkley
you would think I would have found that at innovate before I started looking elsewhere. But I think I'll like the LED better, I really only want to see it at full boost.

I wanted something in view and it's hard to look at the LM1 when you're not logging. The cable from the exhaust only reaches the passenger seat.
If the LM1 shipped with a longer o2 sensor cable it'd reach the dash and I'd put it under the other gauges.
pisses me off how much money I've spent at innovate, all the cords and serial to USB etc. There comes a point where too much is just to damn much.
they make a great product though. And have a good forum.
Hi Jerry,

I hear you about Innovate. A friend of mine wanted to buy 2 LC-1's. He asked them to make the cable longer so it would reach his dash. Innovate said no. He said eff you and bought another brand.
Old 11-12-2006, 04:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

if I would have known I'd drop 8 bills in the beginning I'd have gone a different route.
Old 11-12-2006, 04:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

"I hear you about Innovate. A friend of mine wanted to buy 2 LC-1's. He asked them to make the cable longer so it would reach his dash. Innovate said no. He said eff you and bought another brand."

I'm using 2 LC-1s on my race motor. I ran 2 lines from ea. lc-1 to the gauge in the dash. You can also use 1 lc-1 on one side an a lm-1 on the other side. The lc-1 down loads into the lm-1 and you can see the graphs for both sides. I'll use that set up when I'm at the track and want to confirm the a/f.

I went through a bunch more money than I wanted to. In my case they left some info out which resulted in me buying yet more stuff, pretty annoying.

'75 Carrera RS look w/3.4 twin plug
'79 930/DP935 w/3.5 twin plug

Old 11-12-2006, 05:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

I bought a LM-1 and asked about how far from the turbo I should mount the WB sensor and you would have thought I was trying to get a nude picture of the sister of the guy on the phone at Innovate! They make a good product, but with attitudes like theirs, someone else will step in and actually listen to the customer and supply what he wants.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

I was the one Dean is referring to above -- Innovate wouldn't offer to help extend the cable (or even to provide the materials) for two units. They said they couldn't be bothered with it. So I went to FJO in Canada. What a difference! Smart and helpful people selling a great product. Check them out here
Old 11-14-2006, 01:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

I asked for an extension between the sensor and the LC-1. They said they didn't make it. I said I didn't want it so close to the heat of the engine and they said it was good for every where but contact with an exhaust.

Right...
Old 11-14-2006, 04:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

I'll have that little square LED on thursday, I'm hoping that cable will be long enough to reach the LM1 under the pass seat.
Somehow I see the soldering iron coming out again. I'm so sick of running wires and senders and gauges.
I want an electric boost controller, but I'm too fricking lazy
Old 11-14-2006, 04:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

I thought I'd put this up, $39 I believe. Plugs right into LM1 and you don't have to reconfig the analog outs
Old 12-03-2006, 02:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Hey jerry, why do you have your speedo clocked like that?
87' 930 Wife's Car
Old 12-03-2006, 04:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

I don't know about Jerry, but I have mine like that so that when I'm on the track, I can read higher speeds easier.

Quote:
Originally posted by trashfish
Hey jerry, why do you have your speedo clocked like that?
Old 12-04-2006, 05:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

I finally hooked my LM-1 up permantly today through the engine comp. through the tunnel and I have enough wire to reach the vertical face of the panel infront of the shifter! Another 12 inches and I would be home free. My run is almost straight so there is not much wasted wire. Why don't one of you guys who has the multi pin connector equipment make up some 3 foot sections with the proper connectors on them and we would all buy from you!!!!!
Old 12-05-2006, 01:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: