Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Wow, the torque difference between 3000 and 4000 rpm is most impressive! From the looks of that torque curve, the boost enrichment delay yields a major efficiency improvement.

Odd as it may sound, I am thinking about this Leask modification to improve my fuel mileage. I drive my 1977 930 a lot. I am getting around 13 mpg in mixed driving (3.0 turbo, stock 6.5 compression ratio, SC cams, K27-7200, euro exhaust and 8:39 ring and pinion). I can't seem to get much better the 16 mpg in steady highway driving.

I sense that the much earlier boost with the cams and K27 are bringing on fuel enrichment too early. (I have the boost enrichment WUR for the Euro 3.3 turbo.) This is not the only problem - I think that the stock distributor is mismatched to these cams and turbo, too, but it seems like turning down the boost enrichment would help. I am sure that I would do better if I could make myself lighten up on the throttle, too.

So, would the Leask kit be a good solution? Where do I get information about it?
Old 11-16-2006, 05:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Me like track days

bleask@cox.net - He is THE man!
Old 11-16-2006, 07:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: