Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

What type of injectors are the 951/944Turbo units? High or low impedance? That's what I'm using in my setup. Recommended by Protomotive because of their excellent atomization. They are over-driven, so they can support higher power levels in a 3.3.
Protomotive MAP ECU, Twin Plugged Heads, GT2-EVO CAMs, 3.3L fully finned P&C's, ARP fasteners, C2T head gaskets, Titanium Retainers, Turbo spec valves, springs & guides, 964 splash valves, GT35R BB turbo, GSF Stainless Headers, Magnaflow Exhaust, Full bay Intercooler, TiAL 46mm w/gate, TiAL 50mm BOV, Apexi AVC-R EBC, SPEC Stage3+ Clutch kit, Crane CDI Ignition
Old 11-29-2006, 01:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

944 Turbo injectors are high impedance Bosch units.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Lukesportsman
I know "Ford" doesn't make its own injectors which is why I called them Bosch Ford. I'm certainly not picking at anything, like many components there are only a few makers. Are all injectors spec'd the same indifferent to the auto manufactor they are intended? So was Honda wasting time.....I don't know, but I saw the test photos so it was tested. There was certainly a difference even among say a pintle design to a pintle design.

There was just two statements that I was trying to clarify above.

*Certain pumps like "Walbro" that don't function/last at high fuel pressure loads that many Porsche guys like to run.

*"CIS has higher system-pressure than EFI. CIS uses something like 7-8 bar and EFI uses 4-5 bar"

I was just trying to clarrify this. Sure MSII is open format and you can just about make anything work. I know that some cars run much higher fuel pressures. I also know that several people have opted to go with the Ford Bosch injector due to availability and cost in USA in the TBitz style kits. So I was simply touching on the fact that these may not require a pump to maintain the 4-5bar pressure that is in question.

I was simply bringing up some points to think about. No debate request.

Could just be me misreading the above. Maybe if I didn't make sense of it others didn't.

Good day

http://www.hubgarage.com/mygarage/LukeSportsman
Old 11-29-2006, 06:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Remember

Hey Merv,
I've got two 044's that I'll be installing in my car in the next week or so, how about posting some pictures of how / where you
mounted yours.
Any advice you have on mounting and plumbing would be greatly
appreciated.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by WydRyd
What type of injectors are the 951/944Turbo units? High or low impedance? That's what I'm using in my setup. Recommended by Protomotive because of their excellent atomization. They are over-driven, so they can support higher power levels in a 3.3.
What type of EFI or fuel injection are you running again Merv (sorry, bad memory)? You know, the 951 stock 37lb injectors are what I had when I first bought my Carrera (has a "quasi" Protomotive stage 3 setup). Personally, IMO these injectors are too small for the 400+rwhp level, at least if you want to keep the injector duty cycles under 80% for longevity reasons. The only reason I've been able to figure that Todd prefers to go this route on a setup around the 400hp level is due to the atomization and the fact that they might provide better drivability with the stock 3.2's Motronic (if that's what you are using; I am) as opposed to some significantly larger injectors. Though, typically most injectors tend to wear out much faster and can sometimes fail completely when running over 80% duty cycle for extended lengths of time. 37# is about equal to a 370-400cc injector. Running higher fuel pressures (depending on the exact type of injector) can increase this output a bit, though ultimately it's a bandaid. If you happen to have an aftermarket EFI, most modern EFI systems have much more advanced tuning capabilities and can be tuned very well for significantly larger injectors. My rule of thumb is to always go a little larger than your planned max hp level so you leave yourself a little bit of room and keep the duty cycles lower. Despite what some might say, you can tune some fairly large injectors to still provide good drivability with a good aftermarket EFI. I've seen and had friends that have tuned significantly larger injectors around the 800-1000cc range on various Nissans, Toyotas, and other cars using good quality aftermarket EFI like Autronic, DTA, Motec, etc. One other issue though is impedance differences as high impedance injectors typically don't get as large as some of the low impedance ones can. Though, many modern aftermarket EFI systems are capable of using either high or low impedance injectors. Anyways, sorry to get OT, I just figured this info might be good to post.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
Remember

When I sent my 944 turbo injectors out to have the flows checked to make sure they were matched, the report I received back said they were 4.5 ohms.
Old 12-01-2006, 04:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Give me the Bosch number and I'll dig out the data. You don't need to send away injectors to be checked, just connect ohmmeter to it's terminals and read out the numbers.
Old 12-02-2006, 03:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)
Remember

Hi Goran,
I sent my injectors away to make sure all 6 were flowing the same amount of gas,( it turns out all were within 2.4% of each other) it just so happens that the report they gave me also included the resistance witch I thought Merv might find helpful.
Old 12-02-2006, 09:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: