Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

3.3 Turbo

I am having a problem with the Turbo on my rebuilt 3.3 has been fully reconditioned and is still filling with oil can anyone advise the oil requirements , volume pressure feed line sizes etc.
Thanks in advance
Old 11-27-2006, 02:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

Not sure if I understand your question. Was the turbo rebuilt or the engine?

I take it that the turbo was rebuilt. If oil is getting past the seals and into your intercooler, then whoever rebuilt needs to look at it again or your scavenge pump is working right. Are you using the factory line from the top of the engine (near the crankcase breathe) to the turbo? There's also a small ball/check ball below the banjo fitting here. From the turbo it goes to a small tank and then to the scavenge pump. The pump is driven off two hex head bolts on the left cam shaft. Is it engaging properly?

Last edited by A930Rocket; 11-27-2006 at 04:37 PM..
Old 11-27-2006, 04:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Thanks for the reply yes the Turbo has been rebuilt after reading your reply I have my suspicions regarding the check valve ,it would make sense as the guy who put the engine in has made some other mistakes and losing the ball bearing would just add to the list.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Yes the ball was missing now I am not sure where it goes exactly does it sit below the banjo bolt with the square relief machined in it or does it fit in the top of the banjo bolt below the oil sender.
Thanks for your help
Old 11-27-2006, 07:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
It sits below the banjo fitting. If you look inside of the lower fitting, you will see how the ball fits and seats on the internal surface. It is machined to the curvature of the chrome check ball.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, 8:41 R&P
Old 11-28-2006, 07:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: