Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
better bodies lower front spoiler

Anyone ever install a Better Bodies front lower 934 style spoiler?
---I am looking to see the quality of fit and finish and how much work went into installing it?
---How was the fit, straightness and how much prep before paint required?
----Any suggestions on a better spoiler, from which manufacturer?
Old 12-05-2006, 12:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I used a DP front valance and there was not a lot of prep work on the fiberglass but be prepared to do a lot of work on the supports and brackets. I don't think any of these come with anything to mount them to your car.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

they all take a lot of work I got one from nrauto that was supposed to fit really well etc. it did fit well but being fiberglass still required a lot of prep work. and it bolts to the bumper so there are no brackets
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 12-05-2006, 04:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

Danger! Danger Will Robinson! Danger!

From my past experience with them, they are the last Co. on earth I would use to get parts from. My rear tail was SHIPPED broken. Not broken in shipment. And the finish was terrible. It wasn't even worth installing. I had to pay to ship it back and then they had the balls to charge me a re-stock fee on a broken/crappy part.

They only take cash. Ask yourself why they don't take credit cards?
Old 12-05-2006, 04:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Steer clear............

Cheers
Old 12-05-2006, 09:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

My 930 had a BBM front air dam on it when I bought it, which I subsequently damaged in an encounter with a storm drain. I liked the looks of it, and wanted another one. A search here turned up some horror stories, so I callled BBM and had a long talk with them, being sure I got the full name of the guy I was talking to. They assured me they had the dam in stock and shipping would be prompt. I sent them a postal money order via certified mail, and received the dam about a week later, so shipping was pretty good, and it arrived undamaged. It fit the car fine with no issues other then you have to drill your own holes, and fab your own screen for the oil cooler. It appears to solidly made, not flimsy appearing. My body guy said the surface finish was "average", requiring some prep work, but not a huge amount. I'm adding a fluidyne oil cooler, reworking the oil lines, and taking off the AC condenser, so the install has taken a while, but it's supposed to get painted this week.

Overall I was satisfied, but I took extra precaution because of the poor reports and cash in advance policy.

John
Old 12-06-2006, 03:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: