Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Porsche Junky

Garage
Just found out my car was not factory...converted by Andial in 88 or 89. The console is a Gemballa product....
Old 12-28-2008, 04:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #141 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mede8er View Post
Just found out my car was not factory...converted by Andial in 88 or 89. The console is a Gemballa product....
Wonder who's parts were sourced the conversion. Regardless, I sure it was done to a high standard coming from thier shop.
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!
Old 12-28-2008, 07:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #142 (permalink)
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
There are some updates on the other thread for those of you sub'd to this thread but not the other.
Pelican Parts 930 Forum 506/505 thread
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 01-05-2009, 03:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #143 (permalink)

any further development on slant nose history ?

what about the proposed registry?

this is a great thread.

onboost, your posts are outstanding, i have learned a great deal !
Old 11-27-2009, 05:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #144 (permalink)
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by THECARREAPER View Post
any further development on slant nose history ?

what about the proposed registry?

this is a great thread.

onboost, your posts are outstanding, i have learned a great deal !
Have you read this thread yet?
Pelican Parts Slantnose Registry Thread
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 11-27-2009, 05:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #145 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WERK-I View Post
Have you read this thread yet?
Pelican Parts Slantnose Registry Thread
thank you, i sure did, its even bookmarked!

i just bought a slopenose, but its a non turbo 1987 Cab, so its likely nothing special ( but it should be a fun "driver" ) . it does not belong in your fine registry of real turbo cars!

i will know more when the car arrives Monday. ( conversion was done by a dealer in 87, car is supposed to have " paperwork " (?)

i do want a real 930 one day, i have had a ton of Ferraris and Lamborhginis, its time for something "different" and i loved these cars as a teen in the 80's.

Michael
Old 11-27-2009, 06:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #146 (permalink)
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by THECARREAPER View Post
..................( but it should be a fun "driver" ) . ...........................................
Michael
..........................ain't that the truth!!!
Old 11-27-2009, 06:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #147 (permalink)
ibanezjs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanezjs View Post
Hello this an old post but i'm interested about this "kit" too because i have the same on my 1982 930:

If you have any info

Thanks
Hello i find new pics

1982 Porsche 930S RUF Turbo Slantnose

$59,500

Mileage: 40,000 Engine: Cylinders
Body Style: Coupe Transmission: Manual
Condition: Excellent Drive Train:
Doors: 2 VIN:
Exterior Color: White Interior Color: Blue

Seller's Notes:
1982 European 930S RUF Turbo, Factory Original Steel Slantnose. Rare headlights in spoiler. Beautifully detailed Grand Prix White, Alloy wheels painted to match. RUF 5-Speed Transmission with RUF intercooler, Adjustable Boost, S.S. Borla sports muffler. K-27 Turbo, Newer Clutch and AC.

Description:
1st Place PCA Road America Concours 2006 - Exhibition Class. MOMO steering wheel wuth rare Porsche crest. Like new, motorized sports seats with a soft blue leather interior. Weltmeister sway bar front and rear. One of a few in the world, this Porsche 930S RUF Turbo is a rare collectable.

HERE

Old 12-06-2009, 03:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #148 (permalink)

Garage
Rare Blackburn Daly slant nose conversion?

Hello people I know this is an old topic but this car sold at auction as a
Rare Blackburn Daly slant nose conversion With square lights..... is that right?
Thx
-Lou
Click here 2C Link-------->
https://www.mecum.com/lots/HA0415-208093/1983-porsche-911sc-slant-nose-cabriolet/
Quote:
Originally Posted by onboost View Post
I don't think anyone made aftermarket stamped steel slantnose fenders.. that's a pretty big undertaking for setting up the tooling etc.. and would require a huge run of fenders to justify the cost of set-up. Then of course you'd need to get all those fenders sold to recoup your tooling/production cost.

In Steel:
Golden Coachworks in Illinois was the largest supplier of steel slant inserts. The inserts allowed you to cut the tops of the fenders off and weld the louvered or non-louvered flat steel insert into the fender. They came complete with headlight bucket, relays, wiring, and Mazda motors for $1400. You or your body shop install and finish, or for $2300 you could send them your fenders and they would convert and send back to you ready to paint. They also offered the slimline slant conversion on an SC without Turbo flares.
Their parts were very good quality. I used a set of thier inserts on a 77 Turbo I had.. as a matter of fact, the car looked a lot like yours 930gt-40r. Is that Meteor Grey?

Blackburn & Daly did only steel slantnose conversions on both Turbo and SC bodied cars as well. However, they only did conversions on new cars or cars that had under 15 or 20k miles on them. In other words, no crash repairs or restorations. Just new car conversions. They did very high quality work and I believe they're parst were supplied by Golden.

Alan Johnson Racing was an Authorized Porsche dealer that was a one shop stop. They had an excellet bodyshop, and a race shop. They're slantnose conversions were done in steel using factory stamped steel fenders. The other parts offered were all factory as well. The only deviation offered in thier conversion was the choice of factory headlight motors and assembly or the use of Mazda motors. From what I understand this was offered for two reasons:
- because some owners wanted sqaure headlights as opposed to round

- it alowed for a dramatic cost drop over using the factory motor or motors, mechanisims
and other assorted hardware. It also dropped the labor cost for install considerably

* note that some factory cars had either a single headlight lifting motor mounted in the center just under the front closing panel, and others may have a motor mounted inside the tub just forward of the fuse box on the drivers side, and directly across from that on the passenger side.

Troutman did a few really nice cars in steel. Even did one that used 928 headlights back in 86

These were the only suppliers of steel slant nose conversion that I know of.. there have been several others mentioned over the years, but usually it's been found that they're conversion parts were supplied by Golden.

Fiberglass conversions:

They were popular and there were lots of them.. some better than others.

DP and Kremer both offered conversions and I think DP actually offered the conversion parts. Some of their kits could be ordered with functioning pop-up headlights in the fenders but I believe most had lights in the bumper.

I had a euro Targa slant nose that had been converted by Kremer. It was non-turbo, had no louvers in the fenders, and the headlights were sqaure, similar to the car that stated this thread. I bought the car damaged in the front. The airdam which held the lights was beyond repair, so to get it to the poad quickly we used one from AIR that required fitment of
Chevy S-10 single lights per side. It turned out nice but was definetly odd looking.

AIR was a big producer of fiberglass slant components and conversions as were..
Better Boddies
Folger
Mitcom
ZeeMax
Rinspeed

Old 07-23-2018, 10:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #149 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: