Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
A fellow Pelacanite

Garage
As I said, you will need spacers.
1981 UK 930. G50/01 shortened, 964 3.8RS Fibreglass Body Kit, 18" Alloys 8.5" F & 10" R, 225's F & 285's R, Special Colour Metallic Blue Paint, FIA Sparco Evo's, A/C and Air Pump removed, Electronic Boost Controller, GHL Headers, Tial46 WG.
Fitting - New service kit.
Needs Fitting - Innovate XD-16 Kit, Kokeln IC. Stephen's K27 HFS, EVO Intake Assy & his Modded USA Fuel Head.

1983 UK 911 3.2 Carrera Sport Coupe. Black, Black Leather with Red Piping, Black Alloy Gear Knob, K&N Air Filter Element, Turbo Tie rods.
Needs Fitting - K&N CO Sensor, Round A/F Dial Gauge, Factory Short Shift Kit.

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Iamnotanumber.jpg
Old 01-05-2007, 02:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

the need for a spacer is fine. I just want to make sure that they will be usable. Heck, my current 7/9 Fuchs need spacers.
former Tony//Kart shifterkart owner
Old 01-05-2007, 06:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
Me like track days

I have no solid numbers, but from what I've seen/visually - the wheels will need a hell of a spacer/look goofy. FWTW.

Last edited by Craig 930 RS; 01-05-2007 at 07:08 PM..
Old 01-05-2007, 07:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Me like track days

Mine are 11.5" vs. the 10" you bought, but roughly the rears go from this look:

to this look:

Just helping you out.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
A fellow Pelacanite

Garage
I have no idea about the 930, but I can tell you that I fitted some replica turbo twists to my 911 that needed spacers and I ended up needing approx 30mm of spacers. This was worked out properly by guys that build race cars from scratch to maintain the correct centre line of the wheels.

I think I bought them from here in the UK. They are actually hub adapters to keep the wheel centred. As Craig says, when you look through the wheel and see them they look *****.

http://www.jasmine-motorsport.co.uk/porschewheels/wheel%20spacers.htm

1981 UK 930. G50/01 shortened, 964 3.8RS Fibreglass Body Kit, 18" Alloys 8.5" F & 10" R, 225's F & 285's R, Special Colour Metallic Blue Paint, FIA Sparco Evo's, A/C and Air Pump removed, Electronic Boost Controller, GHL Headers, Tial46 WG.
Needs Fitting - Innovate XD-16 Kit, Kokeln IC. Stephen's K27 HFS, EVO Intake Assy & his Modded USA Fuel Head.

1983 UK 911 3.2 Carrera Sport Coupe. Black, Black Leather with Red Piping, Black Alloy Gear Knob, K&N Air Filter Element, Turbo Tie rods.

Last edited by NathanUK; 01-06-2007 at 03:55 AM..
Old 01-06-2007, 03:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

EBAY SCAM

well, I just got burned for $1400. Not only do they not fit, I never received them. I had a bad gut feeling from the start, should have known better and cancelled the check immediately.

So, anyone live in Kenmore, WA? I have an address and a name. His name is Min Shin, ebay name was shinsales, and his account has been deleted and ebay sent me a warning to cancel any transactions with this person if possible.

First time stung on ebay. Will be the last. dammit.

Any advice on recuperating the loss? The check is long cleared. How do I sue a person from out of state?

If anyone can help, I'd love to hear from you, either in this post so others might benefit if they too had bad experiences, or offline if you prefer. Thanks.

Vic
Old 01-13-2007, 01:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]
Me like track days

A CHECK???!!!??
You wrote a freakin' check?

I live about 15 miles from Kenmore.
Old 01-13-2007, 01:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)
A fellow Pelacanite

Garage
That sucks. What score did he have ?

Old 01-13-2007, 01:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

yup, a check. He had a 100% score w/ 36 reviews at the time. Then today I get an email from ebay warning that he has been suspended.

I figured he didn't want to deal w/ paypal fees. He even had a "storefront" description saying that this was his side business and had lots of parts available. There was even a positive review from someone in the Southwest saying that the wheels they bought were awesome. Maybe that was just a friend of his. And on further exploration of his 100% positives, turns out that 99% were for <$1 books, a few positives were blocked from view, listed as private. Finally, I didn't notice that he was only active since November.

Other lessons learned- google mapping the address that I sent the check to was clearly not a residence. It looks like a big parking lot, in a business district on the corner of NE Bothell and 68th Ave NE. I should have also cancelled my check immediately when he said they came off of his 1990 930. (doesn't exist. wonder if he knew that)

Anyhow, my trusting nature got me this time.

Now I'm trying to figure out what to do.......... if anything can be done.
Old 01-13-2007, 02:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

Shoot me a pm with the address and a link to the ad, or copies of the pics in the ad, and I'll drive by on my way home from work in the morning to see if anything looks similar to the background in the pics.
Bullet Racing #22 GT3 Cup

Last edited by Randy Blaylock; 01-13-2007 at 04:13 PM..
Old 01-13-2007, 04:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

Thanks Randy, PM sent w/ details.

the only pics available now are in this thread. The ebay auction and all traces of this seller have been deleted from ebay.
Old 01-13-2007, 05:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

Got it.

Any chance your bank can tell you which bank/branch the check was deposited or cashed? Often banks will put a hold on releasing the funds to the depositor for a few days, so maybe you have a little bit of leverage if you can get with your bank and have them refuse to transfer the funds. Additionally, given the fraudulent circumstances, perhaps they may be willing, or be compelled to be willing so to speak, to provide some account holder information to help track down this shylock.
Bullet Racing #22 GT3 Cup
Old 01-13-2007, 06:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

Shinsales burned me too for an auction on Litronics headlights. I've been posting in a Rennlist thread about it on the 993 forum. (Too bad I didn't see the thread - which warned the auction looked suspicious - before I won the auction...)

I got an email today from another guy in Texas who won an auction on some Mercedes wheels from the same seller. Same story -- no product received yet.

By my count from tracking his auctions since I "won" mine, shinsales bilked over 20 people out of a total of $25k in the span of a week and a half.

-Chris
Old 01-16-2007, 06:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)

Exclamation

can you point me to that thread?

Also, encourage every victim you know of to file a claim with the FBI at www.ic3.gov I initiated a claim, talked to the Seattle FBI department w/ great disappointment. Without reaching a certain limit (unknown) the FBI won't even begin investigation, it seems.

Contact me offline for other details that I won't post for him to see.

Again, thanks to Randy for doing some very valuable legwork.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/showthread.php?t=321445

I tried filing a complaint with the IC3, but the web page wouldn't respond when I submitted it. I either got connection reset errors or timeout errors. I tried 3 times.

-Chris
Old 01-16-2007, 09:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)
Me like track days

I have a 9mil I'd loan out...my wife has two others she'd make available....

I really hope you get this resolved.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)

Ugh that sucks... I am so sorry to hear that. I was following that auction and even put a couple of low bids in but opted not to follow thru as he told me they were off of a '90 930 as well. Also when I looked through his 'positive feedback' 90% of the stuff he sold were $2 books!

Again really sorry to hear this.

Just to educate myself... if a seller doesn't take paypal or COD, what is the next safest form of payment?
Old 01-18-2007, 02:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)

Escrow
75 911 3.3 Turbo Cab*SOLD 5-11-04
73 911T Went Up in a Blaze Glory, 76 Early Ford Bronco
Old 01-18-2007, 06:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: