Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Hi
Where can I order that kind of Lindsey wheels for SC????
Those are really nice

Ferrari 348 TS and Ferrari 355 TB
MB C32
Old 04-04-2008, 02:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #101 (permalink)

order at lindseyracing.com

I finally have a presentable picture of my Lindsey wheels

Old 04-04-2008, 04:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #102 (permalink)

JimCulp - Those are SWEEEEET!!! Timing couldn't have been better. I'm just composing an email to them as I type this.

Anyone - Would 315/35/17 on the rear and 235/45/17 on the front require the fender lips to be rolled?

Last edited by wcc; 04-04-2008 at 05:07 PM..
Old 04-04-2008, 04:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #103 (permalink)

Jim,
What did those wheels with tires cost you? They look simply wicked.
Old 04-04-2008, 06:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #104 (permalink)
sudo apt-get purge 930

Damn, it looks like the rears rub!

"Worrying about depreciation on your car and keeping mileage down is like not ****ing your girlfriend so her next boyfriend finds her more appealing"
--clutch-monkey
Old 04-04-2008, 06:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #105 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimCulp View Post
Wow....what width on the rears? 315's?
Does the car wheely on acceleration
Old 04-04-2008, 07:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #106 (permalink)

I agree Mike Lindsey is great to work with.

Old 04-04-2008, 08:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #107 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
order at lindseyracing.com

Fabulous 911 Jim!

Question...do you know where can I purchase the middle lens like the one on the rear of your 911 that reads "Porsche" in black lettering? I currently have the reflective "Porsche" lettering on mine and it's too muted. I love the way the black lettering stands out...

Thanks
Old 04-04-2008, 08:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #108 (permalink)

Sorry Jakester- I don't know, but I would try the usual suspects like Pelican.

cl8ton- Yes 315's on the rear- no wheelies yet.

equality- The rears don't rub, but I do have 800 lb coil overs in the rear.

Rory- Thanks- I believe the wheels were around $2,400 I don't remember the tire cost, but they're BFG T/A KD's.

wcc- My wheels are 9's and 11's with 255/40/17's and 315/35/17's. I didn't need any bodywork for these to fit properly. I did have Mike give me a 1/2 inch deeper dish than standard which makes you have 1/2 inch of extra wheel stud that requires cutting. I also had the wheels done with future Big Red fitment in mind. I've heard that the 930's rear wheel arch extensions were done by had at the factory and that they are all slightly different, so YMMV as far as rubbing/having to roll fenders goes.

Last edited by JimCulp; 04-05-2008 at 02:53 AM..
Old 04-05-2008, 02:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #109 (permalink)

A couple more pictures:

Old 04-05-2008, 03:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #110 (permalink)
Me like track days

Those are absolutely the cat's balls, the cow's meow, with regards to tires - BFG TA KD
Old 04-05-2008, 07:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #111 (permalink)

Bill, that's exactly the combination I had when we met at the Dragon. No problems and no rubbing, just remember the torsion bars issue we discussed before...
Old 04-06-2008, 12:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #112 (permalink)

Jim- those wheels look fantastic. I can't believe how different the car looks now that it has been lowered- totally changes the character of the car. Mike just started building mine. I was wondering- what width spacers did you have to switch to front and rear? I also love that from bumper w/the air inlets for brake cooling and cool steel mesh grill- who makes it?
Old 04-08-2008, 08:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #113 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay71 View Post
Jim- those wheels look fantastic. I can't believe how different the car looks now that it has been lowered- totally changes the character of the car. Mike just started building mine. I was wondering- what width spacers did you have to switch to front and rear? I also love that from bumper w/the air inlets for brake cooling and cool steel mesh grill- who makes it?
Thanks Jay.
The new suspension has totally transformed the car- huge bang for the buck IMO.

On the spacers- the rear spacer stayed the same and I bumped out the front wheels 6mm. I still need to get 6mm longer studs, but I think the stock units are okay for now.

The front valance is from AIR. The tubing for the brake cooling is from Pegasus or McMaster, can't remember which. The a-arm manifolds are from Smart Racing (they're very trick, cheap and work well) and the cooling hats are from N.E.R.P.- I'm assuming you want the brake inlets to be functional.

Old 04-08-2008, 08:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #114 (permalink)

JimCulp - What ride height are you at? The easy way, from the ground to the fender lip. Do you have any suspension mods? How is the ride?

Miguel Antonett - Yup, I remember. However, I did get a smokin' deal on rear hollow 30mm ones. So I snatched them up. But I may try to trade them off for the 29's. I'm currently (still) collecting parts. I just picked up a front 22mm sway bar, camber plates, and adjustable weltmeister spring plates. I installed the rear Koni adjustables today. Set at 2/3 they made a huge improvement already.

Last edited by wcc; 04-09-2008 at 10:38 AM..
Old 04-09-2008, 10:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #115 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcc View Post
JimCulp - What ride height are you at? The easy way, from the ground to the fender lip. Do you have any suspension mods? How is the ride?
24.5 inches from ground to fender lip. I have coil over shocks front and back w/ no torsion bars. 600 lb front and 800 lb rears. On the street it's pretty firm I'm trying to find out how it is on the track at the end of the month. Some would probably not find the ride acceptable for the street esp. if the roads aren't very good. For me it's just right.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #116 (permalink)

Quote:
24.5 inches from ground to fender lip. I have coil over shocks front and back w/ no torsion bars. 600 lb front and 800 lb rears. On the street it's pretty firm I'm trying to find out how it is on the track at the end of the month. Some would probably not find the ride acceptable for the street esp. if the roads aren't very good. For me it's just right.
Sounds like a nice setup. It does sound a little rough on the streets up here. Not to be a stickler, but was that 24.5 for the rear? What about the front? I was thinking a touch higer in the rear and just north of 25 in the front. So, not to ask again, but you don't have any rubbing and your fenders are not rolled?

Also, how is your steering with that size front tire? Does it feel heavier/harder?
Old 04-09-2008, 01:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #117 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcc View Post
Sounds like a nice setup. It does sound a little rough on the streets up here. Not to be a stickler, but was that 24.5 for the rear? What about the front? I was thinking a touch higer in the rear and just north of 25 in the front. So, not to ask again, but you don't have any rubbing and your fenders are not rolled?

Also, how is your steering with that size front tire? Does it feel heavier/harder?
24 and 7/8's on three corners except for the passenger side front which is 25" on the nose.

Fenders are not rolled. I'm noticing a bit of rubbing on the passenger rear fender. I believe on high compression, the lettering on the BFG's is touching the inside lip at the 2 o'clock position of the well when facing it. It's very minor, but I need to address it. The other three sides have no rubbing.

The steering is a trade off. The turn in is dramatically improved, but the car does follow road imperfections a lot more than it used to. Parking lot steering effort is probably half again as difficult as it was with stock fronts. I love the ride and handling. I still need to reinforce my rear shock mounts.

I should also add that the steering at speed is heavier, but it's reassuringly heavier- it feels better and more substantive. I have very little squat on WOT which is also nice.

Last edited by JimCulp; 04-09-2008 at 03:33 PM..
Old 04-09-2008, 03:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #118 (permalink)

Just mounted mine tonight. Will post some better pics when I've got the ride height and spacing correct and there's better light...couldn't wait to get them on!

(new and old rears)

(sorry for the poor lighting)

Old 05-28-2008, 09:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #119 (permalink)

Jay - I knew you could not wait....LOL...That looks like the "sex"! Simply...Simply...Awesome....I love the color of your car too. Great chat last night too, looking forward to catching up and seeing the car and you (and the guys) in a few weeks.

Regards - Yasin

Last edited by slow&rusty; 05-29-2008 at 06:10 AM..
Old 05-29-2008, 06:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #120 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: