Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Lower it, lower it... it'll get better...

Old 05-29-2008, 12:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #121 (permalink)
Turbofrog

Hopefully bringing an old thread to live.

So what is the perfect spacer combo for the lindseys 9 and 11 inch with 255 and 315 tires? It seems my car 79 930 came with no spacers when I bought it and it does not look perfect to my eyes with the above mentioned combo.

Last edited by smurfbus; 10-07-2010 at 10:54 AM..
Old 10-07-2010, 10:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #122 (permalink)
varyat

The Lindsey's look great- wish I would have seen them a year ago. I have been waiting for Zuffenhaus 17's since January-just about ready to cancell the order.
Old 10-07-2010, 02:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #123 (permalink)
Turbofrog

This is how the wheels are without spacers. Front has been raised some to clear speed bumps but atleast the fronts seem to need spacers
Old 10-07-2010, 08:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #124 (permalink)

Varyat
I, too, almost ordered a set of Zuffenhaus Fuchs-style wheels back in January. Then I looked at their delivery problems and product problems and began to have doubts. The final kicker was that they insisted on the entire $3500 up front. Talk about adding insult to injury. Having waited ten months, I'm sure you're about out of patience. I hope you get your wheels soon and that they live up to your expectations. Good luck.
Tom
Old 10-08-2010, 05:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #125 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
550Spyder, not to thread hijack, but is that grill opening the one that came with it? My car had the DP dam when I bought it, and I LOVE it, but want a better grill cover for it.

Old 10-08-2010, 07:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #126 (permalink)

OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

Smurf, looks like you need some spacers up front. Just enough to push them out a little.

Groovy - The red, wheels and air dam make your car look great.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #127 (permalink)

Garage
17x8.5 17x10

Love my Lindsey wheels and Mike was great to work with! he also helped me on some engine issues!!!

74 Bronco Sport 302 Auto Beach truck for the Mutts
Old 10-09-2010, 06:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #128 (permalink)
HoyaBear

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to hoyabear
Here's mine. Seems like a lot of black cars on this thread...

'86 930: 3.4 Andial build, Web GT2 Evo cams, Carrillo rods, ported/polished heads, MSD 6530, B&B headers/exh + intercooler, K27HF, 1 bar spring, Tial wastegate, Andial FE, Lindsey Fuchs. Back in black!!!
Past:997S cab; '88 930; '86 951; C5 Vette; 4th Gen Z28; 3rd Gen Trans Am GTA; '71 Z28
Old 10-09-2010, 07:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #129 (permalink)

Why would anybody wait a year for a set of wheels?? I see the other threads and it is just another case of guys bumping up a product on the internet that just isn't what it is said to be.

How they are still actually selling a product that takes that long is beyond me. They simply do not have them and should stop taking deposits until they have them to sell within a reasonable amount of time. Too many other wheel options.

I have some great parts for sale but pay me 100% up front and you will get them in about a year or so. I will have my friends give you some "Those are freakin sex" replies to support my products. ANY TAKERS????
Old 10-09-2010, 07:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #130 (permalink)

WANNA930
You put your finger on the Zuffenhaus wheel issue exactly. How they have the temerity to charge $3500 and then not deliver the product for a year is absolutely amazing. As a retired serial-entrepreneur myself, I know from experience that free enterprise isn't supposed to work that way. And it's not as if Zuffenhaus has no competition for Fuchs-style wheels. Case in point, Lindsey Wheels.

Strangely, some of our brethren on Pelican appear to have a masochistic streak; i.e., "Go ahead, hit me, hit me again, harder, harder, I haven't suffered enough yet to deserve my wheels!"
Your point that this is "just another case of guys bumping up a product on the internet that just isn't what it is said to be" is spot on. How do they get away with it, especially in an economy like we're experiencing right now? Kind of reminds me of the old Hindu proverb, "In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king."
Old 10-09-2010, 08:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #131 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
getting ready for the gathering in north carolina!!!!! oh yea my lindseys 9 and 11
Old 10-09-2010, 09:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #132 (permalink)

Registered

Garage
Hey! another DP bro joins the fray! those wheels look good. If I ever change from the BBS, I am considering these.
Old 10-09-2010, 09:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #133 (permalink)
Registered

1 year wait for 3500$ wheels is inexcusable

cheap fast good: choose two

that is how the old saying goes, it seems like you just get good with the zuff wheels.

Anyways I am extreamly jealous of all these wide fuchs in this thread.
Old 10-09-2010, 03:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #134 (permalink)
varyat

Yes Tom, I agree. The only unique qualities of the Zuff 17's are their light weight and offsets which allow running without spacers. These qulities have held me in the game thus far. I do not want to make this a "Zuffenhaus stinks" thread as their reputation for high quality work and products is well known. But I am reaching my boiling point after almost 10 months. I hope they come soon or I will be forced to contact my CC company and ask for a reversal of funds.
Old 10-09-2010, 03:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #135 (permalink)
Registered

The zuff wheels certainly seem awsome. Its just a shame they cant get the manufacturing down. It seems to me if you had people lined up with 4000$ you could find a way to make it work.

4000$ buys a decent beater miata for the track these days, to put it in perspective!

Then again I work in an industry where people wait months for us to deliver 100,000$ items.
Old 10-09-2010, 03:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #136 (permalink)

My new lindsey wheels

11x17'S WITH NITO 315'S IN THE REAR AND 11x8'S WITH NITO 235'S UP FRONT. I ALSO HAD THE CAR LOWERED, CENTER BALANCED AND ALIGNED. MIKE WAS GREAT TO WORK WITH TOO.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #137 (permalink)

Garage

9s and 11s with 245 and 315s
RarlyL8 headers and muffler
Lindseys 9s 11s
Old 12-09-2010, 06:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #138 (permalink)
Registered

I have a set of 8 x 11 x 17 3 pc. Fuchs with tires I'm selling if anyone is interested.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #139 (permalink)
Happiest when Tinkering

Quote:
Originally Posted by varyat View Post
. I do not want to make this a "Zuffenhaus stinks" thread as their reputation for high quality work and products is well known.
Just my 2 cents I almost got caught in the year long wait deal as I had a deal with the guy that designed the wheels before he sold them to Zuffenhaus. +1 on the neg. I have had a running gun battle going with a certain vendor on here and after a couple discussions with good friends I have come to the conclusion the neg. fighting is not worth it, that said I would cancel the order and look for some other set of wheels. If you go the route with lindsey or truedesign be sure you have tests done on the donor fuchs as they are showing cracks in some of the wheels made and that is to be expected when you take a 30 year old 6 inch wheel and bump it out to 11 inches wide I cant but I am sure some engineer on here can calculate the effect of the lever on the center section. As for that reputation on those guys that IMHO is a lot of hype also they have screwed the pooch on 2 high profile builds lately and who knows how many we haven't heard of they do a lot of great body work and mods but after having dealt with them on these wheels the rep. is not deserved but that is just my opinion.

76 911 C.R.A.P. Gruppe #2 BIG time TURBO C.R.A.P. Bitz EFI/EDIS Now MegaSquirt 3
76 Blazer also restored by me
Old 12-09-2010, 07:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #140 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: