Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
varyat

GSmith: I cannot fault your opinion of Zuffenhaus due to the current situation I am in- still no wheels! 1-24-11 will be my one year anniversary waiting for a set of wheels that are paid for. The Zuffenhaus advertisement states that they are taking orders, and they will. Delivering the product seems to be a minor detail they don't speak of. Zuff. gave me a delivery time of 10-12 weeks when I ordered. Never in my dreams would I have thought that 11 months later I would still be waiting- pure sucker I tell ya. I will give them until my one year anniversary and then I am pulling the plug. Lindsey wheels will be my next choice.

Old 12-11-2010, 05:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #141 (permalink)
Happiest when Tinkering

Quote:
Originally Posted by varyat View Post
GSmith: I cannot fault your opinion of Zuffenhaus due to the current situation I am in- still no wheels! 1-24-11 will be my one year anniversary waiting for a set of wheels that are paid for. The Zuffenhaus advertisement states that they are taking orders, and they will. Delivering the product seems to be a minor detail they don't speak of. Zuff. gave me a delivery time of 10-12 weeks when I ordered. Never in my dreams would I have thought that 11 months later I would still be waiting- pure sucker I tell ya. I will give them until my one year anniversary and then I am pulling the plug. Lindsey wheels will be my next choice.
There you have it I remember clearly back when I cared and was reading the zuffenhaus customer service thread (you know the one I mean) Keith said he was not taking any more orders until he got caught up but I didn't see where that lasted long and I lost intrest in his wheels thank goodness for Thatcher and his wheels my need is taken care of I have a set of 17" Kinesis in the shop waitng for tires coming soon. Good luck and like I said carefully check any donor wheels for cracks.
76 911 C.R.A.P. Gruppe #2 BIG time TURBO C.R.A.P. Bitz EFI/EDIS Now MegaSquirt 3
76 Blazer also restored by me

Last edited by gsmith660; 12-12-2010 at 03:03 PM..
Old 12-11-2010, 05:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #142 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by varyat View Post
i dont want to change the topic, but i ordered something from zuffenhaus, steering hub, and it took me two months to get it, horrible customer service
Old 12-12-2010, 05:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #143 (permalink)

Here's what is so baffling about this Zuffenhaus wheel mess: The number of people who are willing to pretend that it's perfectly OK for Zuffenhaus to take $3500 and not deliver the product it promises--sometimes for up to a year or more.

For whatever reason, some of our fellow Pelicans are prepared to let Zuffenhaus off the hook. The Zuffenhaus wheels are so wonderful, these people insist, that--what the hell--Zuffenhaus doesn't need to follow the normal rules of free enterprise. What's more, it's also perfectly OK if those Zuffenhaus wheels have fasteners that break or fail to hold air. Talk about rationalizing.

It should be abundantly clear by now that if you want Fuchs-knock offs, their are other choices. For instance, Lindsey.
Old 12-12-2010, 05:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #144 (permalink)
newb.

Good grief, I take 4 months off of the forums to relocate and upgrade the business and come back to all this! Sheesh.

Varyat, and whomever else it may concern, any of our clients is free to ask for and receive a full refund during the order period, at any time. This has always been the case. In fact, if you'd like to let me know who/which order you are, we can discuss it over the phone and get you squared away, refund or otherwise.

Also, we quote and have quoted average delivery times at the time of order - myself and my service writer are very clear that this is a custom, made-to-order product that is subject to the manufacturer's and finisher's job schedules. However much you and I'd like it to be otherwise, it simply won't be until this economy changes and these small manufacturer and service businesses are in better shape.

Likewise, without an abundance of un-alotted working capital, companies larger than we are would have a difficult time putting enough inventory in place on site to create same-day order fulfillment. With 27 variations of this product (that I can think of off the top of my head), a significant amount of product must be stocked to provide the retail model everyone would like to see.

Which is another point altogether - we aren't a retail company in the Pelican sense of the word - we are a build shop that has put our talents and our shoulders into providing products that aren't out there for our internal use and for the benefit of other enthusiasts. It constantly suprises me how much vinegar comes from folks who we have no interaction with because we are not cheap, nor quick with product development and cannot provide same-day retail service on our custom wheel product.

Gsmith is a great example of this - he has an axe to grind with our company, and myself apparently, because our product is not as inexpensive as he'd like it to be. It doesn't matter that there is a real-world cost to developing, producing, marketing and delivering a small-volume product that determines it real cost - it is simply offensive that it doesn't match his pricing preference. (While you are at it, I'd also like to know what jobs we've 'screwed the pooch' on?)

As to the fellow that had to wait 2 months (?!?) on a steering wheel and hub purchase - I would like to speak to you personally, as that is not the way we do business, particularly on inventory items. If there were extenuating circumstances, then you should have been informed up front at time of order/purchase that there would be a delay.

I welcome any suggestions/constructive criticism about our business, and always have. I rarely get it, although a few folks have been kind enough to call me personally when they want to discuss something.

And again, just to avoid confusion for anyone who may be considering our wheel product - until we have made a transition to on-site inventory of the product, this will continue to be a custom, made-to-order, specifically-to-order product and is subject to the schedules of very specialized manufacturing subs. We do and will continue to guarantee a quality product at time of delivery that lives up to expectations.

By the way, you guys should come see our new facility (which is where I have been, and what I have been totally involved in for the past 4 months) if you are ever in our area - it has been a major effort, but we expect that it we be good for all aspects of our business as we get settled in to our new surroundings. We welcome and encourage informal visits any time.

r gruppe #436
zuffenhaus: products|eurowerks
Old 12-12-2010, 01:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #145 (permalink)
Happiest when Tinkering

Now that is the kind of indignate arrogance that I expect of you Keith Yes I have an issue with you personally because of that, you need to get over yourself. And no your pricing doesn't meet the pricing I had previously discussed with other individuals and your attitude sir is what is offensive I have wheels and don't need yours my issue with you is your attitude when I wished to purchase something else and your response was my car wasn't worthy of your effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eimkeith View Post
Good grief, I take 4 months off of the forums to relocate and upgrade the business and come back to all this! Sheesh.

Varyat, and whomever else it may concern, any of our clients is free to ask for and receive a full refund during the order period, at any time. This has always been the case. In fact, if you'd like to let me know who/which order you are, we can discuss it over the phone and get you squared away, refund or otherwise.

Also, we quote and have quoted average delivery times at the time of order - myself and my service writer are very clear that this is a custom, made-to-order product that is subject to the manufacturer's and finisher's job schedules. However much you and I'd like it to be otherwise, it simply won't be until this economy changes and these small manufacturer and service businesses are in better shape.

Likewise, without an abundance of un-alotted working capital, companies larger than we are would have a difficult time putting enough inventory in place on site to create same-day order fulfillment. With 27 variations of this product (that I can think of off the top of my head), a significant amount of product must be stocked to provide the retail model everyone would like to see.

Which is another point altogether - we aren't a retail company in the Pelican sense of the word - we are a build shop that has put our talents and our shoulders into providing products that aren't out there for our internal use and for the benefit of other enthusiasts. It constantly suprises me how much vinegar comes from folks who we have no interaction with because we are not cheap, nor quick with product development and cannot provide same-day retail service on our custom wheel product.

Gsmith is a great example of this - he has an axe to grind with our company, and myself apparently, because our product is not as inexpensive as he'd like it to be. It doesn't matter that there is a real-world cost to developing, producing, marketing and delivering a small-volume product that determines it real cost - it is simply offensive that it doesn't match his pricing preference. (While you are at it, I'd also like to know what jobs we've 'screwed the pooch' on?)

As to the fellow that had to wait 2 months (?!?) on a steering wheel and hub purchase - I would like to speak to you personally, as that is not the way we do business, particularly on inventory items. If there were extenuating circumstances, then you should have been informed up front at time of order/purchase that there would be a delay.

I welcome any suggestions/constructive criticism about our business, and always have. I rarely get it, although a few folks have been kind enough to call me personally when they want to discuss something.

And again, just to avoid confusion for anyone who may be considering our wheel product - until we have made a transition to on-site inventory of the product, this will continue to be a custom, made-to-order, specifically-to-order product and is subject to the schedules of very specialized manufacturing subs. We do and will continue to guarantee a quality product at time of delivery that lives up to expectations.

By the way, you guys should come see our new facility (which is where I have been, and what I have been totally involved in for the past 4 months) if you are ever in our area - it has been a major effort, but we expect that it we be good for all aspects of our business as we get settled in to our new surroundings. We welcome and encourage informal visits any time.
76 911 C.R.A.P. Gruppe #2 BIG time TURBO C.R.A.P. Bitz EFI/EDIS Now MegaSquirt 3

Last edited by gsmith660; 12-12-2010 at 02:35 PM..
Old 12-12-2010, 02:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #146 (permalink)

jeepers.
Old 12-12-2010, 05:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #147 (permalink)

eimkeith: What a load of crap. No matter how you try to spin it, there's no excuse for your terrible service and delivery times on those wheels. C'mon, a years wait for wheels that people paid $3500 up front for and were promised delivery in 10-12 weeks? That's ridiculous Where did you learn how to do business? Siberia?
Old 12-12-2010, 05:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #148 (permalink)
newb.

Again, I welcome suggestions and constructive criticism as to the wheel product and our business in general.

And frankly, I'm not certain of what I can personally do to improve the delivery times on this product - short of building up an internal inventory on the back end to change the delivery model, which is in process. Aside from canceling all in-process orders without client consent until which time there is an inventory to sell from, what is the proper solution?

I'd love some constructive criticism on this, particularly from clients who do not feel like they are being well served.

r gruppe #436

Last edited by eimkeith; 12-13-2010 at 05:13 AM..
Old 12-13-2010, 05:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #149 (permalink)
newb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmith660 View Post
when I wished to purchase something else and your response was my car wasn't worthy of your effort.
Gsmith, enough already - you have never had any interaction with my business, please stick to reality. I'm not sure what motivated you to first set your sights on me, but I find that personally offensive. Go live your life.

r gruppe #436
Old 12-13-2010, 05:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #150 (permalink)
Happiest when Tinkering

Quote:
Originally Posted by eimkeith View Post
Gsmith, enough already - you have never had any interaction with my business, please stick to reality. I'm not sure what motivated you to first set your sights on me, but I find that personally offensive. Go live your life.
But I have I am grounded in reality what motivated me was your attitude when I contacted you about some strut brace mounts you didn't have them and you didn't care to take the time to make some for such a small project your words Keith and I find you personally offensive with your elitist attitude if you offer them on your website you should be willing to provide them. I am living my life just fine budrow but if I get a chance to steer someone away from your products I am going to take it I know it doesn't matter to you but every little bit helps. I hope my input persuaded someone to request a refund now I am done here and deeply apologize to the forum for a temp. hijack of this thread Keith you have a good life.

Last edited by gsmith660; 12-13-2010 at 05:23 AM..
Old 12-13-2010, 05:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #151 (permalink)
newb.

To bring this back around to the real issue - Varyat, if you would shoot me an email so we can discuss your order (which is obviously a 930 fitment, as all others have been delivered), I'd appreciate it. If you'd like your $$ returned, I'll be happy to do that, If you'd like a set of Lindseys, I'll call Mike and get them going and refund you the difference.

Get in touch and we'll get you some resolution.

r gruppe #436
Old 12-13-2010, 05:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #152 (permalink)

Garage
i have first hand experience w/ keith and the zuffenhaus staff and i have been quite happy. i too waited longer than anticipated for my wheels but i really do understand the build issues and at the end of the day, the wheels were worth the wait. the part of waiting that was so tough was simply the mental image of what my car was going to be was driving me nuts...i wanted that look and feel of the new wheels on my car and in my garage now! again...worth the wait.

they also did set up (corner weighting and ride height work very , very well.

they also built a custom exhaust for me that is nothing short of remarkable. i have some other work planned for 2011 and i look forward to engaging them again.

just a comment: i did not find keith at all arrogant but in fact a solid guy. the web fighting is tough to see as everyone has some basis for their claims but seldom is anyone all right or all wrong in a web shouting match.

i hope you all get those wheels soon and happy holidays to everyone!

best,

peter c. brinzey
Old 12-14-2010, 05:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #153 (permalink)
Garage Queen

Garage
Gents,

I finally got a chance to post some pictures of my Lindsey rims. They are 8x17 and 11x17. Tires are Toyo R888 235/40Zr and 315/35ZR. I used a 6mm spacer on the rear. I plan on lowering the car to Euro spec in the future.

Old 02-06-2011, 11:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #154 (permalink)

Garage
That white on black looks clean! All of the cars in this thread look great. I'm about to get a set of 17x9,11 Fuchs for my 84 930. What's the best tire combo for the 9 and 11? I'm thinking 275/315 should look nice and meaty.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #155 (permalink)
Me like track days

275 are a ***** to fit on the front of our cars - I have 275/315
Old 03-16-2012, 07:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #156 (permalink)

Garage
What makes them a ***** to fit on? Will I have issues on a factory wide body?
Old 03-16-2012, 08:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #157 (permalink)
Me like track days

****ing HUGE tire. 930 are all wide body, yes it is not easy...precise wheel offset and a smallish 275 helps.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #158 (permalink)

Garage
I'm looking into a 255/40 for the front, now that you mentioned how ****ing huge the 275's are up front..
Old 03-16-2012, 09:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #159 (permalink)
Me like track days

**** yes.

Old 03-16-2012, 09:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #160 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: