Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
slant nose rear fender question

Hi,

I've seen a few cars with boxed rockers and "gilled" rear fenders without the slant nose front. They are steel fenders, but do not have screens or oil cooler in the vents. Was it a factory option for these rear fenders? I just looked at a 1988 930 and only option codes on hood sticker was radio, cat and alarm. Dealer says it was "custom" ordered and not all options show up on hood label. Car also had a "slantnose" steering wheel.

Thanks for any info,

Bob
Old 01-24-2007, 01:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
A fellow Pelacanite

Garage
There has been a discussion about this on Rennlist. They are referring to these cars as "slantnose deletes".
1981 UK 930. G50/01 shortened, 964 3.8RS Fibreglass Body Kit, 18" Alloys 8.5" F & 10" R, 225's F & 285's R, Special Colour Metallic Blue Paint, FIA Sparco Evo's, A/C and Air Pump removed, Electronic Boost Controller, GHL Headers, Tial46 WG.
Fitting - New service kit.
Needs Fitting - Innovate XD-16 Kit, Kokeln IC. Stephen's K27 HFS, EVO Intake Assy & his Modded USA Fuel Head.

1983 UK 911 3.2 Carrera Sport Coupe. Black, Black Leather with Red Piping, Black Alloy Gear Knob, K&N Air Filter Element, Turbo Tie rods.
Needs Fitting - K&N CO Sensor, Round A/F Dial Gauge, Factory Short Shift Kit.

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Iamnotanumber.jpg
Old 01-24-2007, 01:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Hi Bob....can you post or mail a picture....?....thanks,
Serge
http://fr.youtube.com/user/935TURBO
http://www.insonorisation.com
Old 01-24-2007, 02:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
It is on Ebay. I looked it over fairly well, but am not an expert and have more questions than answers. I really don't know enough about the fender issue to pass judgment, that's why I asking for help.

I've heard the term "slantnose delete". Did this only add rear fenders (w/o screens and oil cooler) plus boxed rockers and steering wheel?

Ebay #110080951078

I am in the market for a 930.

Thanks folks!

Bob
Old 01-24-2007, 03:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I would be EXTREMELY suprised if this car is factory original....

The steering wheel is aftermarket.

The one 1986 'slant nose delete' that I've seen 1st hand did have the oil cooler, and it also had a boost controler and the boost gauge in place of the clock - in other words it had some real 'special wish' options which included the boxed rockers and fender intakes.

All this aside, the current price of 32K seems pretty good for such a CLEAN, low mileage car, assuming it's the legit mileage. But many would steer a buyer away from such a low mileage car because lack of use is not good for a Porsche - they tend to leak and such if they sit around too much.

Oh, I do own a documented slant - an '87 505 code turbo coupe - I posted a pic in the 930 owner thread here.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
You could order a 930 with the brake vents and/or boxed rockers with no flatnose hardware. You could also buy the OEM parts through the dealer or aftermarket copies from one of many manufacturers.

Regarding the Ebay car notice that the boxed rockers have the jack point hole/plug. This was not incorporated into the majority of the aftermaket renditions.

Last edited by RickM; 01-25-2007 at 10:22 AM..
Old 01-25-2007, 10:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
This one looks like the real deal......
Item # 300073662539
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, 8:41 R&P
Old 01-25-2007, 01:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to topgub Send a message via Yahoo to topgub
The only visual way I know of to detect a real M505 from a replica is by the shape of the brake vent. The leading edge will follow the same shape of the door edge and the trailing edge will follow the same shape of the wheel well. I have yet to see one replica that had gone to that much detail.
'82 SC parts cars (2)
Old 01-26-2007, 03:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

I installed a set of steel removable rear brake vents on my '87 930 and the aim I had was to align the front edge with the door and the rear wdge with the fender. It wasn't easy but that was the only wy to do it right. Also, another area that has been done poorly is the bottom of the vents not being parralell with the bottom of the door.

Last edited by 911rudy; 01-26-2007 at 07:55 PM..
Old 01-26-2007, 07:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Very hard to get that correct. My kit came with a template after several tries the best way I found was to transfer a line parallel with the bottom of the door right down the middle of the door even with the top fin. marked it several times kept measuring till it was exact. Then I cut it out, and fitted the vents which required some more trimming. keep the lines down the middle of the door to act as a reference point until the whole thing is welded in and the fins are fitted. this is not easy of for the faint of heart I have even seen a few examples of special wishes factory cars that had the alignment off a little, and the fins not parallel with the bottom of the door.
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 01-27-2007, 04:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: