Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally posted by WERK-I
Once the CIS is setup right
This is the key. But these cars are not new cars, they are old. Vacuum leaks are common, rubber hoses are drying and cracking by now, seals and gaskets don't seal as well as they used to, the WUR and AAV are worn out or needing to be cleaned, adjusting the AFR as temp changes(spring, summer, fall), manually setting the timing, etc. Not that these are big deals, but if everything isn't quite right to work together it can be a finicky system UNTIL it gets worked out. Basically, I think the CIS requires more hands on then EFI to keep everything in tune.

However, the CIS IS pretty much bullet proof once it is set up correctly. So I agree with you, but sometimes this can be a long process tracking down all the issues. You may not have to worry about this, or you may. It depends on the car and how it was taken care of.

I don't know Rob's mechanical skill. Maybe he doesn't want to mess with these kinds of things or maybe he does. I don't know, but I do believe that the 930 would be easier to work on then a 993.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: