Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

964/993 rear bumper

I posted this querey on the Renn forum also, so if you have already read it I apologize.
My question is; what is involved in swapping a 964/993 rear bumper for a 930 bumper? How is it mounted and is one model easier than another? If you have done this or know someone who has done it, please let me know.
Thanks,
Rudy
Old 01-29-2007, 11:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

You can't mount a 993 bumper on an older car, unless you change the rear quarter panels as well... different lines altogether my friend.

964 bumpers are a common bolt-on upgrade for the pre-89 cars, but if you want to use the 964 tail lights as well, you need to do some modifications to make them fit.
Protomotive MAP ECU, Twin Plugged Heads, GT2-EVO CAMs, 3.3L fully finned P&C's, ARP fasteners, C2T head gaskets, Titanium Retainers, Turbo spec valves, springs & guides, 964 splash valves, GT35R BB turbo, GSF Stainless Headers, Magnaflow Exhaust, Full bay Intercooler, TiAL 46mm w/gate, TiAL 50mm BOV, Apexi AVC-R EBC, SPEC Stage3+ Clutch kit, Crane CDI Ignition
Old 01-29-2007, 11:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Merv,
Thank you for your quick response. If I don't want to use the 964 tail lights, will the bumper work alone? Does the bumper elinate the two quarter panels?
Old 01-29-2007, 01:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Sure, you can use the 964 style bumpers with the pre-89 tail-lights. I've seen a few cars like that and it doesn't look too bad. The 964 bumpers, whether for narrow or wide body 911's, will mate up with the rear quarters nicely.

If you want the 993 look, you have to change all your quarter panels/fenders. Could get quite expensive, but it'd look very slick
Protomotive MAP ECU, Twin Plugged Heads, GT2-EVO CAMs, 3.3L fully finned P&C's, ARP fasteners, C2T head gaskets, Titanium Retainers, Turbo spec valves, springs & guides, 964 splash valves, GT35R BB turbo, GSF Stainless Headers, Magnaflow Exhaust, Full bay Intercooler, TiAL 46mm w/gate, TiAL 50mm BOV, Apexi AVC-R EBC, SPEC Stage3+ Clutch kit, Crane CDI Ignition
Old 01-29-2007, 01:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: