Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
IA adapter

Anyone have trouble getting the IA billet adapter attached to the k27? getting pissed, and it seems like the only way to get it attached would be to beat the crap out of an expensive piece of hardware. would prefer not to.
Old 02-25-2007, 06:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to mic
I did, and I had to shave a bit of lip off of the turbo to make it work.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Cymru am Byth

I had to get the Dremel out and grind the outlet of the turbo housing. Took about 10 mins, to get a good fit. Stuff a rag in the housing before you start grinding to stop any filings going into the turbo, and cover all the other holes with tape.

Julian Williams
Old 02-26-2007, 05:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Yep, thats what I ended up doing. didn't realize it was going to be that tight. now if I could just figure out how to get the bolts off of the exhaust flange of the old turbo I would be in business.

81 911SC Coupe Guards Red, Stock. "Zippy"
Old 02-26-2007, 08:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I have a K27 install pending, is there another durable adapter available besides this IA unit?

Also, how difficult is the modification to the OE turbo bracket to accept the k27 larger size? I have read some toss the bracket, but I want to keep some support around the turbo.

Keep us posted on your installation!
Peugeot moped
Old 02-26-2007, 01:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
River Rat

I removed the case and had a local machine shop reduce the inlet size to perfectly fit the adapter ... it's all good.

Regards, Dave
1986 930 - K27-7200, Andial Intercooler, Tial Wastegate, Electronic Boost Controller, B&B headers, Bodart Zork, Leask Adjustable WUR, Full Elephant Racing Suspension w/Adustable Spring Plates and Von Shocks, Wevo Transmission Mounts, Fuel Safe Fuel Cell, Forgelines (9"/11"), Hargett Shifter, Innovate AFR, Cobra CF Seats, DAS Rollbar, Coleman Floating Rotors, Lightweight Interior, Forgeline 17" x 9"/11", 2800 lbs.
Old 02-26-2007, 03:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]

I went through several seals, they kept cutting then one of the pieces fell inside the turbo. So i removed the turbo unit, took some 220 grit wet dry papaer and smoothed the sharp corners off. then held the adapter down on the turbo with a piece of wood then smacked it good with a mallet. popped right on after several trys. make sure you stuff a rag in hole to keep the pieces of the first couple o rings that you cut out of the turbo.
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 02-26-2007, 05:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Is everyone having issues? I need to pull batch and check them. The ones we have fit but I haven't check all of them. If I need to fix something I will. Justlet me know.
Old 03-02-2007, 07:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

well there is tight and then there is the way this went together. i do know it will never come apart again.
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 03-02-2007, 09:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: