Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Question on head studs & cam tower

Hi all,

I also have the boost addiction and I now have my 3 week new to me 88 930 apart with long block on stand ready for mods.

I noticed the head studs are black and non-ferrous (a magnet will not stick to them) so I assume the studs were upgraded when the PO did the last rebuild. Anyway to further identify these studs? I want to keep them if they are an upgrade from stock.

I also noticed the cam towers are number 964. .. Were these numbers used on 1988 production cars or were they also an upgrade from the PO?

I want to test the lift on the cams to determine if they are stock.
Does anyone know whow much lift I should have with stock cams? If they are stock I'm going to upgrade to 964 cams and upgrade the valve springs.

Thanks for your time. You guys have really helped me get started on my rebuild. THanks for all your posts. I hope to one day contribute as much as you all have.

I'll post some pics when the rebuild is complete.

thanks again.

Vincent
Old 03-05-2007, 10:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: