Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

3.2 turbo height

I have turbocharged my 3.2 and am having turbo drain trouble. I am draining into drain plug hole and it wont drain enough even at idle. There is a definite slope from bottom of turbo to drain plug but if i remove line from turbo it starts to drain sump at that height which tells me it is below oil level in engine. My question is how high compared to say the rear engine mount are you guys running your turbo to utilize gravity drain. thanks
Old 03-07-2007, 09:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Stock 930 (low) location here and I have no oil drain issues.

What size oil feed are you using? You might be over-supplying the turbo? Typically, -4AN is used for larger turbo's (T4's etc) and -3AN for the smaller ones (like T3's and GT28's etc).
Protomotive MAP ECU, Twin Plugged Heads, GT2-EVO CAMs, 3.3L fully finned P&C's, ARP fasteners, C2T head gaskets, Titanium Retainers, Turbo spec valves, springs & guides, 964 splash valves, GT35R BB turbo, GSF Stainless Headers, Magnaflow Exhaust, Full bay Intercooler, TiAL 46mm w/gate, TiAL 50mm BOV, Apexi AVC-R EBC, SPEC Stage3+ Clutch kit, Crane CDI Ignition
Old 03-08-2007, 12:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

you are draining into the sump/drain plug?? If it is not keeping up you have way to big of feed or way to small of a drain.. I use 3/4 inch ID drain for my car

914-6 2.4s GT tribute.
914-6werkshop.com manufacturer of 914-6, GT, Conversion parts
Old 03-08-2007, 03:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Im using a 3/4 id drain line and a -4 supply, maybe i'll go to a -3 and try that. I'll also swap turbos but im confident theres nothing wrong with the one thats on it. thanks
Old 03-08-2007, 08:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: