Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Smart racing adj. sways (27mm front and rear)

I went with bigger bars, others had suggested one size smaller. My thinking is that I can leave them modestly adjusted and always have room to get stiffer. If I went with the smaller bars I wouldn't have as much flexiibility. When I looked at the the range listed on the site it seemed that the larger bars could almost be set as soft as the next sixe downs mid to upper range and allowed way more room to play.

Any thoughts??
1987 930 - K27 7200 / DAS Full Cage / Blownsix Intercooler / BB Headers / Zork Tube / Tial 46mm / Adjustable WUR / RPM Activated Solenoid / Open Element Air Intake / Smart Racing 27mm Sways / 24 and 33mm Torsion Bars / Adj. Spring Plates / Wevo Strut Brace / Monoballs / Tow Hooks / Oil Cooler Scoop / Brey Krauss Harness Truss / Race Seats / XD-16 AFR Guage/ 17" Kodiak Racing Whees and Nitto NT-01 255/315s
Old 04-07-2007, 07:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #61 (permalink)

Smart Racing's suggestion for my car was 27 front and 23 rear. Given the extra rear weight of the 930, 27/27 sounds right. Plus as you observe there is a lot of adjustability.

'87 930
'73 911T
Old 04-07-2007, 10:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #62 (permalink)

Well I got everything installed and got the car back this weekend. The 24mm and 33mm T-bars along with the 27mm SRP sways have transformed the car. Along with the new Bilsteins, monoballs, new bushings, strut brace, removing 200lbs of weight..the car is a go-kart in comparison to it's old mushy feel.

Thanks to all those who offered advice
1987 930 - K27 7200 / DAS Full Cage / Blownsix Intercooler / BB Headers / Zork Tube / Tial 46mm / Adjustable WUR / RPM Activated Solenoid / Open Element Air Intake / Smart Racing 27mm Sways / 24 and 33mm Torsion Bars / Adj. Spring Plates / Wevo Strut Brace / Monoballs / Tow Hooks / Oil Cooler Scoop / Brey Krauss Harness Truss / Race Seats / XD-16 AFR Guage/ 17" Kodiak Racing Whees and Nitto NT-01 255/315s
Old 11-18-2007, 04:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #63 (permalink)
A fellow Pelacanite

Garage
Which Bilsteins did you get in the end?
1981 UK 930. G50/01 shortened, 964 3.8RS Fibreglass Body Kit, 18" Alloys 8.5" F & 10" R, 225's F & 285's R, Special Colour Metallic Blue Paint, FIA Sparco Evo's, A/C and Air Pump removed, Electronic Boost Controller, GHL Headers, Tial46 WG.
Fitting - New service kit.
Needs Fitting - Innovate XD-16 Kit, Kokeln IC. Stephen's K27 HFS, EVO Intake Assy & his Modded USA Fuel Head.

1983 UK 911 3.2 Carrera Sport Coupe. Black, Black Leather with Red Piping, Black Alloy Gear Knob, K&N Air Filter Element, Turbo Tie rods.
Needs Fitting - K&N CO Sensor, Round A/F Dial Gauge, Factory Short Shift Kit.

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Iamnotanumber.jpg
Old 11-19-2007, 10:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #64 (permalink)
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
I agree with Craig, the Wevos are the best upgrade, and the final one. They are cast steel and real works of art. They will not break or tear out like stamped sheet metal. Don;t wait till you're at a track DE with a torn sway bar mount and find out the hard way.
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"
Old 11-19-2007, 12:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #65 (permalink)

Which Bilsteins did you get in the end?

They are sports all around. Unsure if he had them revalved as he ordered them for me from his guy. The only thing we didn't do was get them threaded for helper springs in the rear. He didn't think I needed the helper springs with the current HP levels. We agreed to revisit the issue if/when motor gets upgraded one day or if I feel I want them. My squat is SO MUCH better I feel I am fine as is. The car is damn near nimble compared to before. I would describe the ride as firm but short of harsh.

I am friends with my mechanic and there was quite a bit of give and take. I really like the choices we made. The things I felt strongly about got done, and on some things that my mechanic felt strongly about I let him do it his way. We sat down at the beginning of the project and we went over everything and then ordered what was needed. All in all, it went pretty smooth considering all he did.

I need to get my AFRs tinkered with and we have one mystery suspension noise in the front to rundown. I am dropping it tomorrow as he wants to retorque everything since I put about 200miles on it this weekend to help settle everything in.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #66 (permalink)

F350
just curious to see how the build is going...especially the quality and workmanship on the blownsix IC as originally ask by 930gt

THanks
Old 12-04-2007, 01:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #67 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: