Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

930 Slant Cab Turbo (505)

I have recently purchased a very rare slant nose. Does anyone know how i may investigate the history of this vehicle (not carfax etc...)
Specifically, i would like to contact the original and subsequent owners, so i can create package to help me when i eventually sell it.

Ro Chee
Old 03-20-2007, 07:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Back in New England!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to MattAlpha Send a message via MSN to MattAlpha
I really hope you're not storing it outside...esp with the headlights up...

You can contact Porsche (the corporation) from the info on their website. They will be able to provide you some of the information about when the car was originally manufactured and at least first purchased.
'78 RoW 911SC Targa converted to a '86-like 3.2L Cab (w/930 body & No A/C) Custom subframe integrated into AutoPower Half Cage, Euro Ride Height, Turbo Tie-Rods, WeltMeister Bump Steer Kit, Sway-Away 26mm Rear Torsion Bars, Koni Adjustable Shocks and Strut Inserts, Two Bar Rennline Strut Tower Brace, Poly Motor Mounts, WEVO Trans Mounts, Modified Conical K&N Intake, ER PB A-arm bushings and 17" CUP3 Wheels. Steve Wong Chip!
Old 03-20-2007, 04:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

This is how it looked when i bought it... It spent the last four years in an underground garage, until the owner needed the space.

This is an interesting car. It does not have a "spotless" history, however, my mechanic tells me it is perfectly sound. I will probably invest some mechanical and appearance bucks into it, and enjoy it for a year or two. After that, i will sell it and find another interesting car.

Since my last post, i have received a cert. of authenticity from Porsche. Spring cannot come quick enough!

Do you have any idea of it's value?

Paul
Old 03-21-2007, 08:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

probley a nice number provided the condition and mileage are good
2008 C6/Z51 Corvette
Old 03-21-2007, 11:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
I have a 1989 930S M505 car that absolutely needs NOTHING! It is show quality and only needs a new home. I have been having a very tough time trying to sell it because it received a bad rap from CarFax. The car was STOLEN in 1991 (probably an inside job) paid off by the insurance company and then recovered in completely unmolested condition and now has a clean title. However, when you go to CarFax they list it as a COLLISION DAMAGE vehicle. I have been trying to fight this issue with them but they refuse to change the listing even though the DMV that originally submitted the report, now confrims that it did NOT have any damage or damage report - just stolen!

Anyway, I am so frustrated with the whole mess I am thinking about putting it on eBay with no reserve - yes really! I have been offered 46K for the car and think it is worth more so turned it down. I hope I do not regret this move. You can see the car and the full ad at http://www.globalautosports.com/car/1989-Porsche-911Turbo-Coupe-6659.html

Let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks eric

Old 03-24-2007, 11:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

It is very hard for us to give you an idea on what your car is worth...here is what is missing:

1) Firstly and most importantly - good quality pics - lots of them too (interior and exterior)...not camera phone quality like the first pic.

2) Mileage?

3) Modifications? If any?

4) Do you have maintenance records?

5) How does it run and drive, leak down, compression?

You do not even state the year? I can see a stock exhaust and red painted Fuchs...

Yasin
Old 03-25-2007, 02:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

A fellow Pelacanite

Garage
It is not the original paint colour, although it may have been a red.
1981 UK 930. G50/01 shortened, 964 3.8RS Fibreglass Body Kit, 18" Alloys 8.5" F & 10" R, 225's F & 285's R, Special Colour Metallic Blue Paint, FIA Sparco Evo's, A/C and Air Pump removed, Electronic Boost Controller, GHL Headers, Tial46 WG.
Fitting - New service kit.
Needs Fitting - Innovate XD-16 Kit, Kokeln IC. Stephen's K27 HFS, EVO Intake Assy & his Modded USA Fuel Head.

1983 UK 911 3.2 Carrera Sport Coupe. Black, Black Leather with Red Piping, Black Alloy Gear Knob, K&N Air Filter Element, Turbo Tie rods.
Needs Fitting - K&N CO Sensor, Round A/F Dial Gauge, Factory Short Shift Kit.

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Iamnotanumber.jpg
Old 03-25-2007, 02:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Get the CARFAX if you have no records. It will tell you where the car was registered throughout it's life. Call the Porsche dealers in those areas and they may have records.
Old 03-25-2007, 02:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Driver

Garage
Carfax warning: I recently ran one on my '87 (out of curiosity). The Carfax did not go back prior to 1999. It has no records for the 12 years between '87 and '99. I did the California DMV search recommended by Grady Clay. Unfortunately, Carfax must also rely on DMV data, which shows no record of my car, despite the fact that I have documentation that the car was sold in CA, and lived out its first decade (roughly) in the Golden State.

Ro Chee, other places you can try for info: see if your DMV offers some sort of search feature. Some states have that. But, as you can see from my experience, the utility will depend on if the records have been purged (as they have been in CA). Also, if you know where the car was serviced (i.e. which Porsche dealership), you might be able to ask the dealership to print out any maintenance record/history they might have.

Like others have posted, if you want some guidance as to pricing value to your new car (congrats), you'll have to give us some idea what you've got. A 930 can run anywhere from $20K on up to $50-60K depending on condition, mileage, authenticity, etc. On the other hand, someone just posted this past week on how their boss scored a 930 for $13K.

Last edited by Noah930; 03-25-2007 at 06:18 AM..
Old 03-25-2007, 06:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to mic
Carfax warning:

BEWARE: I ran carfax on my Camry over a year after I had $10k in collision damage repaired (on a car that was only worth $12k) - Carfax came up with squat on my car it was clean. It appears to me that unless it was Salvaged then collision information does not make it to Carfax (at least in california).

At the shop where I got my Camry repaired (AJ USA), they had a 97 993turbo S that had over $48k in work done to repair collision damage and still work was in process (they estimated that it would cost over $70k to complete. Although it was a turboS and was probably once worth over $140k, I would hate to be the next owner of that car and find out after purchase. (However, the collision cost included an engine rebuild because the turbos were used as vacuum cleaners when the car was launched off the road and bottomed out into gravel).

So I would love to see if Carfax caught that one.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
A fellow Pelacanite

Garage
Here in England UK, cars are only recorded if they have been written off.
1981 UK 930. G50/01 shortened, 964 3.8RS Fibreglass Body Kit, 18" Alloys 8.5" F & 10" R, 225's F & 285's R, Special Colour Metallic Blue Paint, FIA Sparco Evo's, A/C and Air Pump removed, Electronic Boost Controller, GHL Headers, Tial46 WG.
Needs Fitting - Innovate XD-16 Kit, Kokeln IC. Stephen's K27 HFS, EVO Intake Assy & his Modded USA Fuel Head.

1983 UK 911 3.2 Carrera Sport Coupe. Black, Black Leather with Red Piping, Black Alloy Gear Knob, K&N Air Filter Element, Turbo Tie rods.

Old 04-12-2007, 01:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by NathanUK
Here in England UK, cars are only recorded if they have been written off.
See, if something like that was in place here in the US, bloody bastards like CarFax would not even be in business. I have heard horror story after story about how enept carfax really is. I am not sure how they can get away with being recognized as such a highly regarded source of information. I am in the process of sueing them for misrepresentation and devaluation of property.

eric
Old 04-12-2007, 06:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)
A fellow Pelacanite

Garage
http://www.hpicheck.com/newfrontend/what_check.jsp

Just if your interested.

Old 04-13-2007, 01:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Presenting,

the "after" picture

powder costed wheels
new battery
4 stage wet sand and polish
new tires

Old 04-13-2007, 01:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by ro chee
Presenting,

the "after" picture

powder costed wheels
new battery
4 stage wet sand and polish
new tires

YEA BABY!! WOW these cars are a thing of beauty..... and now yours is one of them!

Congrats, that car looks great. What a contrast to the BEFORE pix. You must be very proud. Drive and enjoy in good health.
eric
Old 04-13-2007, 01:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: