Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

UPDATE:

Car runs and pulls nice and strong. Been really enjoying it this summer. But I can't get over the dieseling. I've heard from others also that it's normal, but it just bugs me. Last night I sprayed some ether around with no change EXCEPT where the air box bolts down. Could this be my problem? I've looked for a gasket or O-ring from our host but haven't found one yet. Any ideas or suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks guys!
Old 08-01-2007, 04:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Rarly8 - Is the timing adjustment you speak of just an issue of adjusting the timing to factor settings or something slightly off from that? I was thinking of having my wrench check timing next week and wanted to try and give him some guidelines.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Every setup has its "sweet" spots. There are so many different cams, turbos, exhaust systems, A/F ratios, variables in general. The timing and CO affect the spool down noise you hear from the turbo when the ignition is shut off. For a "mild" engine the spool down noise goes away when the tuning is dialed in. That has nothing to do with the delayed fuel cutoff of the 930 pumps that can cause the chug to a stop phenomenon, separate issue.
I typically set the timing at 26* initially. Once the CO is set at 3% you can wiggle the timing a bit to find that "sweet spot" where it all comes together nice and does not detonate nomatter what the temperature is or grade of fuel used. Others may chime in with a different method.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: