Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
B&B intercooler questions/install

Just installed the B&B intercooler on my 79 930 and had a problem with the plumbing....
The stock intercooler had 2 fittings on the low temp side of the intercooler for the air bypass valve and another valve (not sure what it is) which had a slightly smaller ID. I think it is a throttle control diaphragm Decel valve.
Anyway, the problem being the new intercooler only has one fitting installed for both these hoses. I did not want to try to build a tee connection as it becomes rather large and ugly to make out of elbows and other fittings. I simply capped offf the upper hose to the decel valve and am running the hose from the air bypass only back to the intercooler.
Is this a problem? the car seems to run fine this way so far and I do not notice any engine running differences without this hose connected.
Anyone else disconnect this device and not have any problems?
what is it really used for in the first place?
Old 04-02-2007, 03:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
I actually helped a firend out with a similar install (B6 IC) a few weeks ago and we ran into the same thing. Although he hasn't started it yet, he has done the same thing.. I ran it by one of the local shops and he claimed they do the same thiing. The valve is like a dampening valved, or at least that is what he told me. From what I have seen, it looks to be an electronic air bypass (read that in one of the manuals).
2003 KX250 X2(I like my toys!!)
Old 04-02-2007, 07:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
A fellow Pelacanite

Garage
Let us know how that turns out.
1981 UK 930. G50/01 shortened, 964 3.8RS Fibreglass Body Kit, 18" Alloys 8.5" F & 10" R, 225's F & 285's R, Special Colour Metallic Blue Paint, FIA Sparco Evo's, A/C and Air Pump removed, Electronic Boost Controller, GHL Headers, Tial46 WG.
Fitting - New service kit.
Needs Fitting - Innovate XD-16 Kit, Kokeln IC. Stephen's K27 HFS, EVO Intake Assy & his Modded USA Fuel Head.

1983 UK 911 3.2 Carrera Sport Coupe. Black, Black Leather with Red Piping, Black Alloy Gear Knob, K&N Air Filter Element, Turbo Tie rods.
Needs Fitting - K&N CO Sensor, Round A/F Dial Gauge, Factory Short Shift Kit.

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Iamnotanumber.jpg
Old 04-03-2007, 02:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: