Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Cool Just another wonderful morning in the turrrrbo!

Sorry, but I just had to reflect and share my driving experience into work this morning.

"It's such a perfectly crisp morning", I thought to myself as I slid into the plush black leather seats. Just like a kid with a new toy, I fired her up without hesitation, just to hear this monster bark to life and settle to a steady purposeful rumble.

For the first 10-15 minutes I babied her through the morning traffic, hoping I'd get a clear stretch of road to clear her throat a bit. The intercooler temp gauge was registering a cold 11DegC on the outlet and the throttle response was nice and crisp. She begged and tempted me to give her more throttle, but I had to resist until I got a clear lane ahead of me.

Eventually, the perfect opportunity presented itself. Pole position at a red light with the entrance to the FWY only 300m ahead of me I switched the EBC to the "insane preset" (1.2bar), gently engaged 1st gear and waited impatiently for the light to change. A few seconds before the lights were going to go green, I build up the revs just enough to get the turbo spooling and as soon as the lights changed, I unleashed the hounds of hell

The tacho swings to redline through 1st -> 3rd as the 285's struggle to maintain any form of traction. The telltale boost needle slams to 1.2bar in each gear as I fight the g-forces to reach for the next gear. The acceleration in this car is brutal, yet exhilarating.

It's moments like these that reminds me why I built this car. Uncivilised brutal raw power - There's really no substitute
Protomotive MAP ECU, Twin Plugged Heads, GT2-EVO CAMs, 3.3L fully finned P&C's, ARP fasteners, C2T head gaskets, Titanium Retainers, Turbo spec valves, springs & guides, 964 splash valves, GT35R BB turbo, GSF Stainless Headers, Magnaflow Exhaust, Full bay Intercooler, TiAL 46mm w/gate, TiAL 50mm BOV, Apexi AVC-R EBC, SPEC Stage3+ Clutch kit, Crane CDI Ignition

Last edited by WydRyd; 04-02-2007 at 04:33 PM..
Old 04-02-2007, 03:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Nice!
Old 04-02-2007, 04:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Now that is a true romance novel, man with his muscular machine!
06 Dodge Ram 2500 Power Wagon: Tow Vehicle
Old 04-02-2007, 04:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

"You guys are so inconsiderate towards other road users" He said, smiling broadly.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
A fellow Pelacanite

Garage
I could smell my 930 while I read that...
1981 UK 930. G50/01 shortened, 964 3.8RS Fibreglass Body Kit, 18" Alloys 8.5" F & 10" R, 225's F & 285's R, Special Colour Metallic Blue Paint, FIA Sparco Evo's, A/C and Air Pump removed, Electronic Boost Controller, GHL Headers, Tial46 WG.
Fitting - New service kit.
Needs Fitting - Innovate XD-16 Kit, Kokeln IC. Stephen's K27 HFS, EVO Intake Assy & his Modded USA Fuel Head.

1983 UK 911 3.2 Carrera Sport Coupe. Black, Black Leather with Red Piping, Black Alloy Gear Knob, K&N Air Filter Element, Turbo Tie rods.
Needs Fitting - K&N CO Sensor, Round A/F Dial Gauge, Factory Short Shift Kit.

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Iamnotanumber.jpg
Old 04-03-2007, 02:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

There is nothing like the "aircooled" scent. I thought about marketing it because so many non porsche owners ask what kind of cologne I'm wearing, but Its just not something you can reproduce...
Old 04-03-2007, 02:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Yes, I know the scent you refer to

It just amazes me how damn FAST these cars are. They're basically a street legal racing car

Nothing quite puts a smile on my face like this car. I really don't know how I would ever go back to driving a "normal" car... not that I ever plan to
Protomotive MAP ECU, Twin Plugged Heads, GT2-EVO CAMs, 3.3L fully finned P&C's, ARP fasteners, C2T head gaskets, Titanium Retainers, Turbo spec valves, springs & guides, 964 splash valves, GT35R BB turbo, GSF Stainless Headers, Magnaflow Exhaust, Full bay Intercooler, TiAL 46mm w/gate, TiAL 50mm BOV, Apexi AVC-R EBC, SPEC Stage3+ Clutch kit, Crane CDI Ignition
Old 04-03-2007, 03:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

That scent, a lovely combination of metal, warmed oil and leather, should be a cologne!
Peugeot moped
Old 04-03-2007, 03:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Merv, by the looks of the list of added options you have on your 930, I believe yours is a bit faster than the norm. I do however get your point. I was scared enough when my car was stock. I might have an accident in my pants as soon as I get her back on the road with what I'm putting in her during this rebuild
Old 04-03-2007, 05:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

John, my car was originally a Carrera (not a 930) and has the OEM Motronic EFI & intake, just slightly upgraded
Old 04-03-2007, 05:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Lurkasaurus

Quote:
Originally posted by William930t
That scent, a lovely combination of metal, warmed oil and leather, should be a cologne!
"Well-weathered leather, hot metal and oil, the scent of country air.."

someone should write a song..
Old 04-04-2007, 11:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by turbocarrera
"Well-weathered leather, hot metal and oil, the scent of country air.."

someone should write a song..
That would be a rush.......

Cheers
Old 04-04-2007, 05:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)
Porsche-Poor

Garage
I have a boner. . .
1980 911 SC Weissach-regrettably sold
1975 911S-sold but not forgotten
Old 04-04-2007, 05:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by bcoats
I have a boner. . .
Too much information!! hahaha
Old 04-04-2007, 07:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by bcoats
I have a boner. . .
OH NO! Not another one! You've been reading too many of 930GT-40R's woody posts eh?
Old 04-04-2007, 11:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: