Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to GaryR
Quote:
Originally posted by Craig 930 RS
Gary -

The great thing is the instructions Brian provides are top-notch, a true work of clarity and description (no pic of the finished WUR yet)
Haven't even opened the box yet Craig, as a matter of fact I have the WUR, RPM switch, LC-1 and XD-16 ALL sitting in boxes next to the new MSD 6AL, Blaster 2, Magnecor 10mm wires, new cap and rotor (in boxes!)...

No to go too far OT, I just read there is a "special" rotor required for the MSD box, that the OEM one has a resistor built in and it self-destructs.. whas up wit dat?
Old 04-25-2007, 08:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Me like track days

Excellent information:

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/showthread.php?t=297546
Old 04-25-2007, 09:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Gary- my friend Jimmy K has a 96 twin turbo that he has built up using twin plug; the twin plug has a stock 3.6 distributer with huge MSD coils. When he makes a pass on the stock rotors, the resitor melts inside the rotor and makes an awful smell. I think his solution was a set of rotors from an early early car, like one of the first porsches to use bosch distributer. It had to be real old because we ordered one from a 75 911 and it still had the resistor.
2008 C6/Z51 Corvette
Old 04-26-2007, 04:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: