Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

sc cams in 930

I am planning to put SC cams in my 930 rebuild...does anyone know if there is an aftermarket adapter to connect the turbo oil pump, or does it have to be made and installed before putting in the cams?
Also, I am interested in an aftermarket performance intercooler that will work with the ac condenser in the deck lid...anyone have one for sale?
I appreciate all of the helpful information on the board...so far I am planning to rebuild the 3.3 with Sc cams, euro exhaust, 7200 or HF turbo, performance intercooler, 1 bar spring, ARP head studs and rod bolts..maybe euro CIS system.
Any other comments or suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Re: sc cams in 930

Quote:
Originally posted by emsdoc
I am planning to put SC cams in my 930 rebuild...does anyone know if there is an aftermarket adapter to connect the turbo oil pump, or does it have to be made and installed before putting in the cams?

As I understand it, you can either use genuine SC cams and machine the end for the turbo pump drive, or get the 930 cams re-ground to the SC profile.

I think most people opt for the latter. John "camgrinder" did the ones in my motor.

Quote:
Also, I am interested in an aftermarket performance intercooler that will work with the ac condenser in the deck lid...anyone have one for sale?
965/C2T intercooler is generally reckoned to be a good upgrade over regular 930 - and I think they have the A/C condensor in the same place on the grille so no interference there?

There was one in the classifieds a few weeks ago.

Quote:
I appreciate all of the helpful information on the board...so far I am planning to rebuild the 3.3 with Sc cams, euro exhaust, 7200 or HF turbo, performance intercooler, 1 bar spring, ARP head studs and rod bolts..maybe euro CIS system.
Any other comments or suggestions would be appreciated.
Pretty close to my build, be interesting to see what it makes.

Consider getting Brian Leaske to rebuild/modify your WUR... You may never need to adjust it, but you'll wish you'd sent it to him if you do...
Old 04-19-2007, 02:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Thanks for the information..I'll look into your suggestions.
Don
Old 04-19-2007, 02:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I went with Dougherty Cams off ebay. His cams are cheap in price and I have them in my motor without any problems.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Easy mod i did mine while still in the car. All you need to do is drill 2 shallow holes in the end of the cam and tap them. loctite in a pair of short allenhead cap bolts. Install the pump with the pumps paddles positioned between the cap nuts and your good to go.

914 6 Turbo twinplug 3.12
87 924S
Lexus SC400
Lexus LS400
Old 04-19-2007, 06:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Gotta Jibboo

Garage
Send a message via AIM to BSiple
I don't think there is room with the 964 intercooler for the ac stuff. Here is a pic of my engine compartment and there isn't any ac stuff on the tail.

I don't know why I do the hillbilly things I do.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: