Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

B&B longneck intercooler

Anyone installed one? My understanding is that it is sold with no installation kit. This is the one that requires removal of the factory diverter assembly, and a replacement discharge pipe from the turbo to the intercooler.

Any source(s) for the parts to adapt this?

Pat Kelley
87 930

Last edited by kellcats521; 04-23-2007 at 07:54 PM..
Old 04-23-2007, 07:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Since nobody replied, I will add my meager input. I just bought a BlownSsix 1/2 bay intercooler and like the B&B it replaces the op-off/diverter valve with an included unit. On the BlownSix it is a small Forge unit like this one LINK . You take off the big diverter valve unit, and replace it with this one. In my instructions it says you also need to plug one hole on the top off the motor that was covered by the factory unit. It says to use a freeze plug or bolt to close the hole (it is not included) .

I am not sure if the B&B diverter is on the cooler or a seperate piece like mine, that attaches to the top of the rubber connection as shown here on this Garretson unit. You see it on the far right on top of the large black "hose", attached to the orange hose.

As far as the long neck I can't find anything on the B&B but here is a picture and link to a post that explains it better on a long neck Kokeln (probably much the same???) Kokeln discussion
1987 930 - K27 7200 / DAS Full Cage / Blownsix Intercooler / BB Headers / Zork Tube / Tial 46mm / Adjustable WUR / RPM Activated Solenoid / Open Element Air Intake / Smart Racing 27mm Sways / 24 and 33mm Torsion Bars / Adj. Spring Plates / Wevo Strut Brace / Monoballs / Tow Hooks / Oil Cooler Scoop / Brey Krauss Harness Truss / Race Seats / XD-16 AFR Guage/ 17" Kodiak Racing Whees and Nitto NT-01 255/315s
Old 04-24-2007, 07:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Hey Pat, that intercooler is the one you got from me on ebay. Just call Imagineauto.com 913-310-9927 That is where I bought it. He said it was a bolt on unit that required no modifications to the deck lid. Was a real nice guy to talk to and if you check out his site, he knows how to make a 930 fly. If for any reason you have a problem with it I will refund you the full amount and pay the shipping back to me because he assured me that it was an easy installation, im just selling my car is why I sold it (and lost out over 500 bucks!) Thanks, Mark 412-817-9898
Old 04-25-2007, 02:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Mark,

The intercooler is the longneck version (not the drop in version)which as far as I can tell requires the following modifications to install:
1) removal of the OE diverter valve and replacement with C2 turbo(965) 90-deg. hose/diverter assembly and a short pipe.
2) remove OE compressor outlet tube (turbo to intercooler) and replace with C2 turbo rubber hose.
3) replace or modify OE air cleaner to clear intercooler outlet.
4) drill and tap fittings for WUR, AAR, boost pressure sending unit and boost cut off sending unit.
5) slightly modify the mounting studs.

But, it's all good - I could tell which one it was by the pictures in the ebay listing. I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything in getting ready to put it in.

Pat Kelley
87 930
Old 04-26-2007, 02:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Not quite a "bolt on" but then for the performance/protection that it delivers, a couple bucks for the pieces and a few hours labor should be well worth the effort.
Old 04-26-2007, 02:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: