Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Chet Masangcay(Chet 930) has passed away.

I have lost a friend and we have lost a member of our community. Many have seen Chet Masangcay (Chet 930) on these Boards for years. He was always willing to help when he could. I have known Chet for many years. Less than two years ago Chet’s wife passed away giving birth to their child. Chet was then left to raise three children on his own. He was a great father and did all the things that need to be done in a situation like this. Every time I talked with him it was like talking to Mr. Mom. A few weeks ago Chet came down with Valley Fever and fell in to coma. He never woke up from it and passed away on April 21st.

I would like to enlist the board to contribute to a fund I will set up to help his children in the years to come. Not only have they lost their mother, but now their father. I can’t even imagine and am filled with huge sorrow and grief for his children and him. I am at such a loss for words. What a way to start a young life. Chet I have no doubt is in a better place, but his children I am sure are left with questions and no answers. At least we can help.

Please say a prayer for Chet and his family. May he rest in peace.

If you are interested in helping please email or call. I will be contacting his family to set the fund up
Old 04-24-2007, 07:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I am speechless. I write this with tears welling in my eyes for his family and especially his children. May God take good care of his children. Such tragedy. Our condolences to all Chet's friends and family.
Please post fund account details so we can deposit funds directly into the account.

The Walker Family

p.s. Can someone post some pics and a little tribute to Chet?
Old 04-24-2007, 11:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Oh My God....

I can not believe what I am reading here. I do not know a lot of members on this forum, but I did have many email exhanges with Chet. This is so horrible and sudden. To compound the loss of a good person, those poor children now are without either parent.

Please set up what you can in terms of a fund, I would gladly participate in it.

My condolences to Chet's family, friends, and most of all children. This is very sad news.

Mark
K27 7200, Tial 46mm WG with straight pipe, Fabspeed Exhaust,B&B halfbay IC, Wevo mounts, Rennline floorboards, Rennline goodies, Optima mount, Elephant finned oil lines, widemouth cooler, high speed fan.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
My condolences to his family and friends.
2003 KX250 X2(I like my toys!!)
Old 04-25-2007, 08:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

My condolences to his family and may God bless them.

Last edited by YermanCars; 04-25-2007 at 03:52 PM..
Old 04-25-2007, 03:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
A fellow Pelacanite

Garage
May he RIP.

http://www.911turbo.com/BB/viewtopic.php?t=373
1981 UK 930. G50/01 shortened, 964 3.8RS Fibreglass Body Kit, 18" Alloys 8.5" F & 10" R, 225's F & 285's R, Special Colour Metallic Blue Paint, FIA Sparco Evo's, A/C and Air Pump removed, Electronic Boost Controller, GHL Headers, Tial46 WG.
Fitting - New service kit.
Needs Fitting - Innovate XD-16 Kit, Kokeln IC. Stephen's K27 HFS, EVO Intake Assy & his Modded USA Fuel Head.

1983 UK 911 3.2 Carrera Sport Coupe. Black, Black Leather with Red Piping, Black Alloy Gear Knob, K&N Air Filter Element, Turbo Tie rods.
Needs Fitting - K&N CO Sensor, Round A/F Dial Gauge, Factory Short Shift Kit.

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Iamnotanumber.jpg
Old 04-25-2007, 03:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

I am totally shocked......and what in the world is valley fever?

He had his priorities straight, he was willing to sell his pride and joy Porsche to take care of his kids.

Why is it always the good guys???
Old 04-27-2007, 07:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

This is tragic news and I feel deep sorrow for his kids and g'friend

May GOD bless his family and may Chet RIP.
Protomotive MAP ECU, Twin Plugged Heads, GT2-EVO CAMs, 3.3L fully finned P&C's, ARP fasteners, C2T head gaskets, Titanium Retainers, Turbo spec valves, springs & guides, 964 splash valves, GT35R BB turbo, GSF Stainless Headers, Magnaflow Exhaust, Full bay Intercooler, TiAL 46mm w/gate, TiAL 50mm BOV, Apexi AVC-R EBC, SPEC Stage3+ Clutch kit, Crane CDI Ignition
Old 04-27-2007, 04:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
A fellow Pelacanite

Garage
I read this a while back.

http://www.dhpe.org/infect/valley.html
1981 UK 930. G50/01 shortened, 964 3.8RS Fibreglass Body Kit, 18" Alloys 8.5" F & 10" R, 225's F & 285's R, Special Colour Metallic Blue Paint, FIA Sparco Evo's, A/C and Air Pump removed, Electronic Boost Controller, GHL Headers, Tial46 WG.
Fitting - New service kit.
Needs Fitting - Innovate XD-16 Kit, Kokeln IC. Stephen's K27 HFS, EVO Intake Assy & his Modded USA Fuel Head.

1983 UK 911 3.2 Carrera Sport Coupe. Black, Black Leather with Red Piping, Black Alloy Gear Knob, K&N Air Filter Element, Turbo Tie rods.
Needs Fitting - K&N CO Sensor, Round A/F Dial Gauge, Factory Short Shift Kit.

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Iamnotanumber.jpg
Old 04-28-2007, 01:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

That is so bad, why does **** like that happen to a good person? Furthermore, why does it happen to his kids who already only had one parent. Sad.
2008 C6/Z51 Corvette
Old 05-05-2007, 08:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Im in shock! I haven't been on the boards lately since selling my 87 back in Oct 06. I live only 20min away from where he did. He was very helpful to me and I appreciated the time that he took with me. He was truly a gentleman. His story about his wife passing which at the time was only 6mon after it happened put things into perspective for me. He will be missed!
Old 05-07-2007, 05:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

What a tragedy. Please keep me informed of the fund initiative and how to contribute.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)
Adrenaline Junkie

Garage
My sincerest condolences for the loss of your friend.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: