Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Rocket Fuel

My '76 has all the goodies you can cram into a CIS system car. I had Imagine rebuild the engine nearly a year ago. I think I live in the only part of the world where not only can we not get decent gas 93 octane let alone 95 or 101. So yesterday I was finally able to buy 15 gallons of 101. I hauled it 200 miles home in 5 gallon containers Target has for 6 bucks. Wally world has the exact same item for 11. Anyway I overfilled and spilled a bit into my wifes new cars trunk before the trip home. I work at a chemical plant and that stuff smells like Benzene as I recall it. We phased it out 20+ years ago. It sure doesn't smell like gas.

So this morning my son and I blended in 5 gallons to 15 gallons that was in the tank. We went for a sprited ride on our little old 64 mile loop. We saw 3 oil field trucks in the first 28 miles. This is on an incredible newly paved FM road. Monster sweepers, 3-4 mile straights, perfect Sunday driving weather. Holding her at 3k rpms the punch was incredible with a stab at the pedal. That immediate blast with that little stab from 90 to 120 must be like crystal meth. Just a good day all in all. My son and I have been traversing this little secret highway since he was a toddler. He got to take the helm for only the second time ever. I think this was only the second time in 22 years I've been a passenger with a pilot that new how to take advantage of roads you can see forever on.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Sounds like good fun! Did you increase the boost at all?
Protomotive MAP ECU, Twin Plugged Heads, GT2-EVO CAMs, 3.3L fully finned P&C's, ARP fasteners, C2T head gaskets, Titanium Retainers, Turbo spec valves, springs & guides, 964 splash valves, GT35R BB turbo, GSF Stainless Headers, Magnaflow Exhaust, Full bay Intercooler, TiAL 46mm w/gate, TiAL 50mm BOV, Apexi AVC-R EBC, SPEC Stage3+ Clutch kit, Crane CDI Ignition
Old 04-29-2007, 07:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
I've got an Andial 1 bar spring. I've never seen it hit 1 bar but after my 3rd rebuild for various reasons I feel far safer at .9. I still have a factory 935 adjustable boost controller on a shelf in the garage but took it out years ago.

I'll probably keep blending till I get up to 95 or 96. There is probably a point of diminishing returns? According to the gas gauge we probably burned 5 gallons in that 64 mile jaunt. And it was worth every penny. Man I love that K-27HFS and the Fabspeed muffler. My son asked me before we left if I had fixed the stereo since the rebuild and I told him the symphony will soon answer your question. And it did.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Cool... I just ask because I've run 100 Octane fuel in my car and it never really *felt* faster at the same boost setting. The reason I tried it was because I wanted to run her up to 1.3-1.4bar whilst I was tuning my Apexi AVC-R. Once I got the EBC tuned to regulate a steady 1.25bar, I then went back to run 98 octane fuel.

So you have the FabSpeed muffler... nice! Is it the dual outlet muffler with the dedicated wastegate dump pipe?
Protomotive MAP ECU, Twin Plugged Heads, GT2-EVO CAMs, 3.3L fully finned P&C's, ARP fasteners, C2T head gaskets, Titanium Retainers, Turbo spec valves, springs & guides, 964 splash valves, GT35R BB turbo, GSF Stainless Headers, Magnaflow Exhaust, Full bay Intercooler, TiAL 46mm w/gate, TiAL 50mm BOV, Apexi AVC-R EBC, SPEC Stage3+ Clutch kit, Crane CDI Ignition
Old 04-29-2007, 09:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
That is the one. I've been on that 91 octane crapola so long I could feel the difference for sure. That Fabspeed is a quality piece of work.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: