Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

B&B Headers & Valve cover clearance

1978 930 - B&B headers with heat.

When I bought the car several years ago I thought it odd that the valve covers were not "Turbo style" valve covers. I wrote it off with thoughts of a service tech switching out, actually stealing, the turbo covers during a service long ago.

Last weekend I removed the old style valve covers and decided to change them out to the proper turbo valve cover but cannot due to the clearance between the header tube for the wastegate and the valve cover studs. I removed the waste gate asembly, still not enought clearance, and really do not want to drop the entire exhaust system/turbo assembly for valve adjustments. Will the turbo covers fit if I trim the external ribs? Will they warp if I trim the ribs? I cannot move/flex the wastegate header tube as it's welded to other tubes. This is the old B&B design with the triangular shaped heater boxes.

The search function in this turbo section was not my friend.

Thanks in advance for your solutions/suggestions.

thomas
Old 05-05-2007, 06:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
I took a burr to the valve cover fins by the waste gate so it clears.
Old 05-05-2007, 12:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: