Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to FlashGordon
Porsche Crest Clutch and Shock Advice Needed

Hey guys. I posted this over at Rennlist, but I thought perhaps I would get a few more answers here.

I have an '87 930 to which I am currently adding the following modifications: K27 HF, Blown-six intercooler, 1 bar spring, GHL exhaust, GSF headers, free-flow filter, A/F meter.

I'm replacing the clutch. My car only has 25k miles and I believe the clutch is original. I know I have to replace the rubber center with spring centered. But will the basic Sachs kit hold the new HP? If not, any recommendations?What are you guys using with similar mods? Is anyone running a lightweight flywheel with similar mods?

Current suspension is stock lowered to a bit below Euro height. My front end is super floaty and I believe my front shocks are toast. The shocks front/rear are green - Bilstiens I believe? I'd like a more aggresive set-up (not ready to go coil-over at this point.) I'm thinking Bilstien Sports? I think I've read somewhere about a Bilstien HD/Sport combo front/rear? What does this achieve?

Looking for any/all advice and opinions.

Thanks, Rob Gordon

Old 05-12-2007, 07:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Me like track days

Sport/Rally is even more appropriate for a 930 -
Oh, and do something to improve your fueling as indicated by your AFR
Old 05-12-2007, 07:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Craig 930 RS
Sport/Rally is even more appropriate for a 930 -
Oh, and do something to improve your fueling as indicated by your AFR
Can you elaborate on the "sport/rally?" Do you mean Bilstein sports in front? I've never heard the rally term...
Old 05-12-2007, 10:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Me like track days

There is a Rally shock - I bought mine for the 3.6 SC at Shox.com a few years ago.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Someone mentioned that a lightweight flywheel is not recommended for the 930. Does it tend to stall w/one?
Old 05-13-2007, 02:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: