Pelican Parts Forums

Pelican Parts Forums (http://forums.pelicanparts.com/)
-   911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum (http://forums.pelicanparts.com/911-930-turbo-super-charging-forum/)
-   -   New owner!!!! (http://forums.pelicanparts.com/911-930-turbo-super-charging-forum/346947-new-owner.html)

pavulon 05-16-2007 03:25 PM

New owner!!!!
 
Just wanted to say thanks to all for replying to my questions over the past months. The result is my money going to Oregon tomorrow for a GP White '89 930. I'll post images when the car gets here in a couple of weeks.

Let the (simple) modifications parade begin....first up....good bye body colored wheels....hello Lindsey P2s....not sure when that will happen though.

Thanks again!!!
ScottSmileWavy

David 05-17-2007 11:01 AM

Congratulations!!! I don't think you can go wrong with an '89.

slow&rusty 05-17-2007 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by 125shifter
Congratulations!!! I don't think you can go wrong with an '89.
+1

sand_man 05-17-2007 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by slow&rusty
+1
AGREED!

WydRyd 05-17-2007 02:29 PM

Congrats on an awesome find! ;)

h20cooled7 05-17-2007 04:22 PM

niceeeeee have fun and respect the turbo, not your average machine

shaka 05-17-2007 10:02 PM

Congrats on a great find.

I remember that feeling right before I picked mine up. Or in your case delivered.

The waiting almost killed me. I just couldn't wait.

Have fun!

pavulon 05-18-2007 03:25 AM

Thanks for all the well-wishes. I'm excited to see the car (had it PPI'd and had my brother inspect it in person). Honestly, I'll tell you all that I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that it is my first Porsche. I really hate regret so decided to get the car I want the first time.

One issue I've struggled with from the beginning is that I live in a very small, rural town (4,300 people) and will posses the only running P-car here. I'll be curious to hear the comments made as I have tried hard to keep a low profile since moving here 8 years ago....there is no real anonymity in a town this small. I'm not big on apologizing for doing no wrong but work in our town's small hospital w/ patients daily. Patients seem to know plenty about me before I introduce myself. I'll be asked about it as soon as word gets out and am leaning toward remaining humble and telling them that I'm very fortunate to have such a car. Anyone else had to explain such things to strangers before?

mede8er 05-18-2007 04:10 AM

Just tell them you had to chose between the Porsche and heroin addiction, and although the Porsche will be slightly more expensive, you decided it was healthier.....:D

DRV2FST 05-18-2007 05:28 AM

Remind them that it is an 19 year old car that cost less than their 2007 truck.

onboost 05-18-2007 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by DRV2FST
Remind them that it is an 19 year old car that cost less than their 2007 truck.
That never works! They go "oh, but it's still a Porsche!"

I don't even bother to drive my fun stuff to work... they just wouldn't understand. Oh, and I live in a rather large metropolitan area!

Have fun and enjoy it!!

P-

David 05-18-2007 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by pavulon
Thanks for all the well-wishes. I'm excited to see the car (had it PPI'd and had my brother inspect it in person). Honestly, I'll tell you all that I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that it is my first Porsche. I really hate regret so decided to get the car I want the first time.

One issue I've struggled with from the beginning is that I live in a very small, rural town (4,300 people) and will posses the only running P-car here. I'll be curious to hear the comments made as I have tried hard to keep a low profile since moving here 8 years ago....there is no real anonymity in a town this small. I'm not big on apologizing for doing no wrong but work in our town's small hospital w/ patients daily. Patients seem to know plenty about me before I introduce myself. I'll be asked about it as soon as word gets out and am leaning toward remaining humble and telling them that I'm very fortunate to have such a car. Anyone else had to explain such things to strangers before?

The 930 is my first Porsche too. It's the car I've lusted after for over 30 years so that's what I got. Plus I like tons of hp ;).

I find most people think these cars are worth a lot more than they are. The first day I drove my 930 to work I heard that one of my coworkers was asking other coworkers how I could afford an $80K car on my engineer's salary. Once I tell people I only paid $22K for it, they don't think I robbed a bank or worse yet, get paid too much. Obviously an '89 is worth more than my '79, but it's probably worth less than the general public thinks it is. What I do try to keep quiet is how much I spent to rebuild the engine and add EFI, but that's just so they don't think I'm a fool :D.

Noah930 05-18-2007 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by pavulon
One issue I've struggled with from the beginning is that I live in a very small, rural town (4,300 people) and will posses the only running P-car here. I'll be curious to hear the comments made as I have tried hard to keep a low profile since moving here 8 years ago....there is no real anonymity in a town this small. I'm not big on apologizing for doing no wrong but work in our town's small hospital w/ patients daily. Patients seem to know plenty about me before I introduce myself. I'll be asked about it as soon as word gets out and am leaning toward remaining humble and telling them that I'm very fortunate to have such a car. Anyone else had to explain such things to strangers before?
I just tell 'em that the only way I could afford it is because it's a 20 year-old car. Most people seem to understand.

SCHNELE 05-18-2007 11:40 AM

No pics= no love. Show us some love man

onboost 05-18-2007 11:59 AM

Yeah.. show some Love man!!

pavulon 05-18-2007 12:50 PM

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploa...1179517797.jpg

onboost 05-18-2007 01:13 PM

Nice car dude.. pure as the driven snow!

SCHNELE 05-18-2007 01:42 PM

Very nice, now send it off for an EFI conversion. LOL

jwmarc 05-18-2007 02:59 PM

I say you start doing house calls that way you get to drive it more... oh yeah and now its a tax deduction.....

h20cooled7 05-18-2007 03:10 PM

white 930s are cherry ,and tell those people to mind their own


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website


DTO Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.