Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to FlashGordon
KEP Pressure Plate...

I understand that some of you guys are running the Kennedy Pressure Plate w/the old style spring discs. I have an '87 930 w/basic bolt-ons that get me to approximately 400 fwhp. I'm thinking of getting their stage 2 pp.

How have yours been holding up? Any slippage? Pedal feel?

Thanks, Rob
Old 05-21-2007, 08:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Porsche Junky

Garage
Start workin out if you get the 600#er.....

But it's worth it.....
Old 05-21-2007, 10:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
resident samsquamch

FWIW, I run the stock pressure plate with the early 3.0L Turbo spring centered disc, and my engine has got to be making every bit of 390-400 at the wheels from bolt-on and internal mods (one day I'll take it to the dyno) and I have never felt the clutch slip or provide feedback that it wasn't sufficient.
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 05-21-2007, 10:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to FlashGordon
Sand_man - A930Rocket over on Rennlist said the same thing as you. I was inclined to go with the stock Sachs kit with the spring disc. But then I thought, maybe I should upgrade a little more in case I get out of control with the mods. It's been known to happen with me. Hehe.

Mede8er - Yeah, the Stage 2 is what I am considering. Is it that much harder to press-in? I'm all for doing some calf-raises, but I don't want to be limping after a spirited drive...
Old 05-21-2007, 01:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Porsche Junky

Garage
It's a shock at first but never been a problem....it's not as user friendly as the stock unit but I just stick it in neutral at the lights...

It makes sense to me that it delivers more usable RWHP....
Old 05-21-2007, 02:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

I am running the KEP Stage 1 in my car. I don't notice it being any harder than stock but it could be. Maybe going to the gym is paying off. I though I was mostly girl watching though.

I did have a stock early setup in my car before and it slipped like a banshie.

Dean
Old 05-21-2007, 03:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: