Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally posted by robert_snyder
Erik,

The cars is a dream.... Reading your post reminds me of my teen years...I remember in high school 1978 my buddy pointed out a 930 on the 10 frwy in SoCal and I instantly fell in love. Had never seen or heard of one before and I said someday I will buy one of those bad ass machines..It was truly revolutionary for its day and still is..I bought my first turbo last year and my wife know its the other girl.. My wife likes to drive it too. I think she is alittle afraid of dinging it or something because she knows I would have a fit...Kinda scary for her.. But have fun...Are you going to drive it or limit your mileage? It has so few miles it might not be good to pile them on....I dunno....just have fun..Post some more pictures when you get her "the way you like her"

Bob

Bob,
Yeah we sound like we had the same responce to seeing them when younger. My wife doesn't want to drive this one.. it scares her with all the stories there are with old turbos bitting people in the keesters..
I am not going to pile on the mileage it's such a stunning example.. I plan to drive it on NICE days and to car shows and just baby it for my daughter to have one day! haha I still have a 78 SC that is my true dog.. I beat that thing up all the itme.
I'll drive that everyday ONCE I finish the tranny and get the white paint on it.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
930s rule the wasteland

Send a message via AIM to h20cooled7
Watch out ,dont overdose ,these cars are very adictive. My Wife refers to mine as the other woman.
1984 944
2001 VW golf TDI
Old 05-25-2007, 05:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
Porsche Less Member

Send a message via Yahoo to k9handler
very nice!
2014 Specialized Allez
Old 05-26-2007, 10:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
"I wuz the liquor..."

Quote:
Originally posted by equality72521
I actually hug my car. My wife asks me if I kissed it good night before I go to bed.
That's funny! When ever I pull into my garage after work, and I leave the engine running for a minute or so for cool down, I usually bend down to check the under-side of the engine for anything weird, and I can always hear my 4 year old daughter telling my wife: "Moooom, Dad's out in the garage kissing his car again"!

There are times when I peak out into the garage, and I just can't believe it's really sitting there!
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 05-27-2007, 03:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Erik, congrats on your 930 . These are lovely beasts and when treated with respect, they reward you with gobs of G force , a handful of steering , and a rich leather smell
I got my 1979 930 slightly used with 1,200 miles on it in 1980.
I can still remember my first drive in it , and in 2007, it still can get the knuckles white.
Enjoy it !
Marty
Old 05-28-2007, 08:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

I hate you... J/King... great car and congrats on a dream come true!!!

With a lil luck I will be shopping for one in a couple of years when I get back from Europe (work)
Old 05-31-2007, 09:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

here are few pics of the beast sans hand prints. it took me a little time to remove them but no problem once I started.
When I get somemore time I'll remove the decals and she'll be all white again!
DAMN! I LOVE this car!

Old 05-31-2007, 01:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

here are a few extras and a few of the rear window showing all the Taj drive events ranging from the 1st to latest.
Old 05-31-2007, 01:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Garage
No that put a smile on my face. Congrads Eric
Old 06-26-2007, 09:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)
Boost Freak

Garage
Thumbs up

Nice! Another Ohio Porsche Congrats.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: