Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Mike, are you seriously keen in buying one like I've pictured above? If so, if we order two, we may get them at a better deal?
Protomotive MAP ECU, Twin Plugged Heads, GT2-EVO CAMs, 3.3L fully finned P&C's, ARP fasteners, C2T head gaskets, Titanium Retainers, Turbo spec valves, springs & guides, 964 splash valves, GT35R BB turbo, GSF Stainless Headers, Magnaflow Exhaust, Full bay Intercooler, TiAL 46mm w/gate, TiAL 50mm BOV, Apexi AVC-R EBC, SPEC Stage3+ Clutch kit, Crane CDI Ignition
Old 06-01-2007, 03:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to mic
Possibly:
Depends on price and where it is coming from (and I hope it doesnt have the DP inscribed on it).

It will sure help me fit my I/C and pumbing
Old 06-01-2007, 03:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
Infidel

Hi Merv
I'd be interested in that tail too, can you give me an idea as to cost, i would need to know roughly how much shipping would be to the UK too. I need to make a decision pretty quickly as my project is nearing completion
Cheers
JBL
Old 02-13-2008, 09:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
Intake charge cooling is a function of the efficiency of the intercooler, not so much the tail design.

Those tails are heavy. I am looking for alternatives myself.
Hmmm,l have to question this wisdom somewhat L8.. l agree with you BUT one can`t downplay the potentially HUGE difference a tail can make.HUGE. 30 degrees huge,more even depending on the changes made back there. You cannot underestimate the power aerodynamics play in cooling the car and holding it down on the road.The right tail can allow a crappy intercooler to perform better then a great intercooler under a crappy tail set-up. lt`s all connected and relevant,the combo is the key..
Old 02-13-2008, 10:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mic View Post
Nice:
where can i get one?
You might try here they have a parts section.
http://www.dp935registry.com/index.php?page=techforum

Ive always liked the drop top DPs.

Old 02-13-2008, 11:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
Me like track days

Those teeny tiny mirrors suck, big time.

Go with 993 mirrors so you can see - and don't worry about lookin' extra cool / can't see a damn thing in back of you ;-)
Old 02-13-2008, 12:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]

Merv, or anybody for that matter please point me to where I could get either that tail or the origonal DP tail (looks like a stock tail on steroids)
2008 C6/Z51 Corvette
Old 02-13-2008, 02:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig 930 RS View Post
Those teeny tiny mirrors suck, big time.

Go with 993 mirrors so you can see - and don't worry about lookin' extra cool / can't see a damn thing in back of you ;-)

Come on Craig... if your 930 is fast enough... it won't matter! ahahaha
Old 02-13-2008, 08:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WydRyd View Post
Are they even heavier than the factory 930 turbo tails with the bulky rubber edging? The supplier said the DP extended tail weighs somewhere between 14-20lbs. He hasn't got one in stock to get actual weight, but said it's much lighter than the OEM 930 turbo tail.
The top rubber part of the OEM tray weighs 28 lbs and the rest of the engine decklid weighs another 10 lbs.

If that tail comes complete with an engine deck lid built in than you are saving a lot of weight at 20 lbs... If you have to attach the fiberglass tail to your current deck lid than you are not saving quite as much.

Last edited by DDDD; 02-15-2008 at 07:47 AM..
Old 02-15-2008, 07:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 930gt-40r View Post
Merv, or anybody for that matter please point me to where I could get either that tail or the origonal DP tail (looks like a stock tail on steroids)
You want to get your tail from Getty, or any of the other guys he supplies, such as TRE motorsports or MA Shaw.

GT Racing gets a lot of their tails from Getty, but makes several of their own. Look in a GT racing catalog and the white colored fiberglass is usually GT and the black fiberglass parts is usually Getty. GT Racing stuff is very lightweight and quality is good, but nothing is as good as Getty. For racing, GT is good stuff. For the street, Getty is second to none.

Better Bodies is cheap stuff made in Mexico by Armondo's friends and trucked to San Diego. You may even get a part that fits, but it is what it is. Low quality.

Last edited by DDDD; 02-15-2008 at 09:30 AM..
Old 02-15-2008, 07:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: