Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to GaryR
BlownSix fly the coop?

Was thinking of ordering something from them, then read this - http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/showthread.php?t=355175

If they pull that with a well know builder like Rick Deman... not good.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I ordered their C2T fullbay IC a couple of months ago,and it arrived about two weeks later,just as they told me.
No problems at all,so this sounds weird.

Great IC by the way!

DT
Old 05-29-2007, 11:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to GaryR
It's a little clearer now on what happened, hopefully it will get resolved and BlownSix will move ahead..
Old 05-29-2007, 03:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Maybe, but just a little.....

Cheers
Old 05-29-2007, 07:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rick DeMan is the ONE of the last people to piss off in this business as he does a large amount of business and has influence on his clientell.
They look like nice pieces and wish I could afford one
2008 C6/Z51 Corvette
Old 05-29-2007, 08:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Chuck Jones
I've been dealing with Michael at B6...and I've bought the 930 half bay intercooler, and although it took some time to get a replacement for the first iteration with the redesigned fitment, Michael did come through. He's got a new company and it trying to break into a pretty tough market, and I know that's not going to cut it with some of you...but I've found that keeping it as civil as possible seems to make the process a bit more tolerable....even though there might be time lapses. I have yet to hear of anyone who was flat out screwed by Michael. Unhappy yes, but not flat out shafted. I guess I'm just trying to see a guy who potentially has a nice product....get to the point where it can be successfully marketed. I have no affiliation with B6...and I'm just a customer like a lot of you....and it took me some time to get it right, but eventually, it worked out by being civil and maintaining open lines of communication.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Jones
I've been dealing with Michael at B6...and I've bought the 930 half bay intercooler, and although it took some time to get a replacement for the first iteration with the redesigned fitment, Michael did come through. He's got a new company and it trying to break into a pretty tough market, and I know that's not going to cut it with some of you...but I've found that keeping it as civil as possible seems to make the process a bit more tolerable....even though there might be time lapses. I have yet to hear of anyone who was flat out screwed by Michael. Unhappy yes, but not flat out shafted. I guess I'm just trying to see a guy who potentially has a nice product....get to the point where it can be successfully marketed. I have no affiliation with B6...and I'm just a customer like a lot of you....and it took me some time to get it right, but eventually, it worked out by being civil and maintaining open lines of communication.
Agree. Even though BSD didn't come thrugh for me with respect to supplying a full bay intercooler for my blown Carrera, he did refund me my money and set things straight. I don't have any issues with him or his company and I'd recommend his products to anyone who asked for a source of quality intercoolers.
Protomotive MAP ECU, Twin Plugged Heads, GT2-EVO CAMs, 3.3L fully finned P&C's, ARP fasteners, C2T head gaskets, Titanium Retainers, Turbo spec valves, springs & guides, 964 splash valves, GT35R BB turbo, GSF Stainless Headers, Magnaflow Exhaust, Full bay Intercooler, TiAL 46mm w/gate, TiAL 50mm BOV, Apexi AVC-R EBC, SPEC Stage3+ Clutch kit, Crane CDI Ignition
Old 05-31-2007, 11:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

I bought and received the 1/2 bay 930 cooler. I had no issue, other than customs going over my package witha microscope and causing a 1 week delay. Blownsix was responsive to my inquiries the entire time. I would do business with them again.

It isn't installed yet so no comment on fitment yet.
1987 930 - K27 7200 / DAS Full Cage / Blownsix Intercooler / BB Headers / Zork Tube / Tial 46mm / Adjustable WUR / RPM Activated Solenoid / Open Element Air Intake / Smart Racing 27mm Sways / 24 and 33mm Torsion Bars / Adj. Spring Plates / Wevo Strut Brace / Monoballs / Tow Hooks / Oil Cooler Scoop / Brey Krauss Harness Truss / Race Seats / XD-16 AFR Guage/ 17" Kodiak Racing Whees and Nitto NT-01 255/315s
Old 06-01-2007, 07:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

I too suffer from the "supply chain blues" from time to time. If it makes anyone feel better, Blown Six is waiting for wheel shells that I had made for them (8 in total) and they are being very patient.

My guess is that it is pretty hard to ship something that is not in stock. (ask me how I know ) All we have heard on that rennlist thread is someone who is irate with his supplier. No one has heard the messages that were left or read the emails that were sent.

I don't know Rick and have never dealt with him, but his postings make me wonder how he would treat someone who felt wronged by him? Not passing judgement at all, but his aggressive posts make me think I would not venture into a business relationship with him.....

Cheers
Old 06-01-2007, 10:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
A fellow Pelacanite

Garage
It is common decency to reply to messages.
1981 UK 930. G50/01 shortened, 964 3.8RS Fibreglass Body Kit, 18" Alloys 8.5" F & 10" R, 225's F & 285's R, Special Colour Metallic Blue Paint, FIA Sparco Evo's, A/C and Air Pump removed, Electronic Boost Controller, GHL Headers, Tial46 WG.
Fitting - New service kit.
Needs Fitting - Innovate XD-16 Kit, Kokeln IC. Stephen's K27 HFS, EVO Intake Assy & his Modded USA Fuel Head.

1983 UK 911 3.2 Carrera Sport Coupe. Black, Black Leather with Red Piping, Black Alloy Gear Knob, K&N Air Filter Element, Turbo Tie rods.
Needs Fitting - K&N CO Sensor, Round A/F Dial Gauge, Factory Short Shift Kit.

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Iamnotanumber.jpg
Old 06-01-2007, 11:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

I agree, but like I said, only two people know the content of the messages......

Cheers
Old 06-02-2007, 09:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

I paid for a full bay intercooler in December 2007. I was promised a January delivery. My credit card charge was from Days Inn Hotel. Michael explained it away as a credit card processing issue. I never received the intercooler and he stopped responding to my emails and phone calls. Their answering machine now says that they have moved and will not return calls until March 1st.
'87 930 '06 X5 '05 545i '97 GoPed
192 Track Days & Counting

Last edited by nix930; 02-19-2008 at 02:32 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 02-19-2008, 10:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

I have been a supporter of Michael and B6 for some time....mostly because I know what it's like to try to start a new business and run into unforseen problems. B6 is a good product, althought admittedly there have been some fitment issues on the half bay 930 model....but Michael has always come thru for me and has replaced the intercooler twice.

I can sympathize with your dilemna about paying for something and getting that sinking feeling that perhaps you're about to be screwed out of your money....but like I said, Michael has always come thru in the past. I would be a little miffed myself if I got a response that everything has been shut down till March....but March is just around the corner, so your only real option is to wait for March.....even though it might be tearing at your insides to do so.

BTW... You can always have VISA or whatever card it is charge back the purchase if you are really concerned about the validity of the purchase.

Last edited by Chuck Jones; 02-19-2008 at 11:14 AM.. Reason: correct info
Old 02-19-2008, 11:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
"I wuz the liquor..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Jones View Post
I have been a supporter of Michael and B6 for some time....mostly because I know what it's like to try to start a new business and run into unforseen problems...
I will preface my comments by stating up front that I have NO EXPERIENCE with B6 or their product.

I can agree with Chuck up to a certain point. It is not easy getting a business off the ground. As I mentioned long a go in a Rennlist post about B6, I think this is a classic example of what happens when you hit the market before you are truly ready - before the product is thoroughly tested from many angles and possibilities.

Before I transitioned into IT Project Management, I used work as a Controller for manufacturing based companies. I can tell you from experience...HONESTY IS THE BEST POLICY!!!! Whether dealing with vendors or customers or fellow employees over payroll issues, tell it like it is and then deliver! If you can't deliver, be honest! Don't hide! Work out a plan! In the end, try to deliver more! Exceed expectations.

I will site RarlyL8's venture as an excellent example of how to get 'er done in the Porsche Community! I'm sure he's juggling many plates: family life, his real job, his hobbies, et al. in addition to his parts business. But he ALWAYS communicates. His word and good name mean something! NO EMPTY PROMISES! And to my knowledge, there are no weird, conflicting stories and/or experiences about dealing with him from a business perspective (can't comment on his personal life )!!!!

I dunno, at what point does benefit of doubt expire? For every good story with B6 there is a bad one.
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 02-19-2008, 11:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
"I wuz the liquor..."

"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 02-19-2008, 11:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Thanks for the props but it's easy for me to communicate because I am so small. B6 is trying to break into the big-time with ads in Panorama and such. I could not BEGIN to talk to every customer if that were the case.
Old 02-19-2008, 02:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

I also had dealing with Michael at B6. I bought a half bay intercooler on ebay and waited 8 weeks for them to arrive. I had a mechanic tried to install the IC and it didn't fit. I spoke to Michael and he sent another one after I returned the original one. I still have to install the IC and hope that it won't have fitments issue. I have to say that Michael will stand by his products and will fix whatever issues with his products. Having said this, I wish Michael communication could be improved so that he is not leaving his customers wondering. The IC is beautiful but after my experience, I would not do business with B6 until it is more established.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Sandman: I'll ditto your remarks about Brian (rarelyL8). He's been working on a project for me and he has kept me appraised of the progress. I am looking forward to getting the new iteration of an SSI header system and Y pipe that he and Ben have been developing. Brian is good people.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
Banned

They are thieves, I got burn big time with a chrono gauge, never came in after paid in full ($750.00), a friend of mine order one of those gauges too, it took 6 months for them to deliver it after paid in full, it came in, piece of junk, did not work as advertised, he still trying to contact them for months now.., run Forrest, Run........
Old 02-21-2008, 05:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Me like track days

I see a dramatic lack of consistency for an otherwise good product.
Old 02-21-2008, 06:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: