Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
I'm a virgin.. well .. not anymore

I got a flat today for the first time ever on 4 wheels, of course it was in my Porsche. I've learned a couple of things from this event, but let me tell you, talk about an uncomofrtable feeling. My valve ended up being the culprit and I cut my tire up pretty good in the process. I ordered 2 new tires now prematurely.. but oh well, that's the price of it I guess.

1) The jack supplied with the car is phenomenal. As I stood on the side of the road in my flip flops, sleeveless shirt(seemed more appropriate than saying wife beater), and shorts, cranking away at this thing. It was so easy to use compared to others I've seen out there. Thoroughly impressed with the whole process, worked like a charm and I was done in about 5 minutes (felt like 20 though). Cranks easy, and the compressor works great (that's what takes the longest).

2) I once considering the weight savings and carrying a can of that tire inflater stuff.. . With the valve cut, that would have been useless.

That's my contribution ofr today..I hope you're sitting on your couch reading this and having a good laugh at picturing me in my outfit perofrming this task!
2003 KX250 X2(I like my toys!!)
Old 05-31-2007, 05:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

You would have better KARMA......

.....if you at least supplied relish to your guests on their hamburgers.......lucky the gods only took out a valve stem.....lol.

I think the truth is somebody is telling you it's time for stickier tires....so you have just been forced to get them, that's all.......

As for the wife beater......well, I met your wife, and I can honestly say that she is the most impressively supportive wife I have ever met with regards to your car time, dirt bike time, etc.....so we all know that was tongue in cheek !!!!!!!

Good luck in the tourney this weekend......

Mark
K27 7200, Tial 46mm WG with straight pipe, Fabspeed Exhaust,B&B halfbay IC, Wevo mounts, Rennline floorboards, Rennline goodies, Optima mount, Elephant finned oil lines, widemouth cooler, high speed fan.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Slumlord

Up until now I was a big proponent of dumping the spare and carrying a can of fix-a-flat and a cheap compressor. I guess you would also need a cell phone.

Still, yours is a single case, and fairly rare, fortunately.

And who wears a wife-beater while they drive Porsche? Did you have flip-flops on too?

And I'm actually sitting at my desk having a good laugh at your expense.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Black Adidas flip flops, work out shorts, sleevless T (I have some class..). I was on my way to the gym.

the whole time I thought.. someone is going to report me on the 'spotted' thread on rennlist.
Certainly happy to entertain everyone!!
2003 KX250 X2(I like my toys!!)

Last edited by mark '87 930; 06-01-2007 at 07:04 AM..
Old 06-01-2007, 07:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

They may have been flip flops......

....but I am sure they were the new "Heel and Toe" Schumacher flip flops by Oakley.......

lol.......
K27 7200, Tial 46mm WG with straight pipe, Fabspeed Exhaust,B&B halfbay IC, Wevo mounts, Rennline floorboards, Rennline goodies, Optima mount, Elephant finned oil lines, widemouth cooler, high speed fan.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Last October I had the fan belt break on my 930 on the QEW near Cawthra while I was on my way home from work.

Nothing like standing in the rain in a dress shirt/pants fooling around with pulley shims and a factory tool that won't fit on the pulley nut while people fly by and honk and point! That's entertainment let me tell you..........

I'm just lucky I was carrying a spare belt.
- '78 928 - Silver - Long gone
- '04 Subaru WRX wagon - Sold
Old 06-01-2007, 07:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: