Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Re: With all due respect...

Quote:
Originally posted by e p slick
With all due respect we mean no insult to any high powered Saab (Taxi cab) driver. Just trying to help you sort out the complexities of this mysterious life. Photo attached of what you might consider as an entry level vehicle. Then you can roll with the rest of us clowns.

EPS
LMAO!!!
Old 06-11-2007, 02:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #101 (permalink)

this is getting a little more vicious than expected...

turbojet: your Saab looks like you've put a lot of time and effort into it, which I can appreciate. Passion is often misunderstood.
Old 06-11-2007, 03:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #102 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by rooked 930
this is getting a little more vicious than expected...

turbojet: your Saab looks like you've put a lot of time and effort into it, which I can appreciate. Passion is often misunderstood.
Thanks Rooked 930, I would like to get back on the subject. what is the diffrence between a 1989 930 and the previous years .
I know about the 5 speed tranny, but what is the good and bad about that? is 1989 considerd the best year for the 930 or is their down sides?. what was the top speed with the 89 tranny VS the 4 speed ones? and does it really takes about 1 hous to drop the engine out of the car? If so that is awesome. As much as I love working on my cars I hate when their is a bolt that requires removing half of the car to get to.

Last edited by TURBOJET; 06-11-2007 at 03:51 PM..
Old 06-11-2007, 03:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #103 (permalink)
A fellow Pelacanite

Garage
No downsides to an '89 except for the higher price.

No tricky nuts or bolts removing the engine & tranny.
Still takes me nearly all day though to get the engine out. You remove the engine and tranny as one unit and split them later.
1981 UK 930. G50/01 shortened, 964 3.8RS Fibreglass Body Kit, 18" Alloys 8.5" F & 10" R, 225's F & 285's R, Special Colour Metallic Blue Paint, FIA Sparco Evo's, A/C and Air Pump removed, Electronic Boost Controller, GHL Headers, Tial46 WG.
Fitting - New service kit.
Needs Fitting - Innovate XD-16 Kit, Kokeln IC. Stephen's K27 HFS, EVO Intake Assy & his Modded USA Fuel Head.

1983 UK 911 3.2 Carrera Sport Coupe. Black, Black Leather with Red Piping, Black Alloy Gear Knob, K&N Air Filter Element, Turbo Tie rods.
Needs Fitting - K&N CO Sensor, Round A/F Dial Gauge, Factory Short Shift Kit.

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Iamnotanumber.jpg
Old 06-11-2007, 03:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #104 (permalink)

NathanUK

I have seen pics of your car. very nice work, now that I see the Mod list. I know a little about shortening the final ratio on the G50. but does that makes you loose top speed. or is their somthing done to the 4 gear to make up for the diffrence?
Old 06-11-2007, 03:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #105 (permalink)
A fellow Pelacanite

Garage
This is such a learning curve.

The "shortened" refers to the physical length of the transmission being actually shortened.
A different clutch plate is used (thinner), the bellhousing is shortened & finally the big one, the input shaft is shortened and welded onto to build it up and then it is machined.
This is how the later G50 transmission replaces the 930 transmission & is fitted into an earlier car.

However, I do suspect that my 5th gear has been lowered than stock. I can imagine it would be great on a track. Shifting from 4th to 5th hardly reduces the RPM's at 70mph.
1981 UK 930. G50/01 shortened, 964 3.8RS Fibreglass Body Kit, 18" Alloys 8.5" F & 10" R, 225's F & 285's R, Special Colour Metallic Blue Paint, FIA Sparco Evo's, A/C and Air Pump removed, Electronic Boost Controller, GHL Headers, Tial46 WG.
Needs Fitting - Innovate XD-16 Kit, Kokeln IC. Stephen's K27 HFS, EVO Intake Assy & his Modded USA Fuel Head.

1983 UK 911 3.2 Carrera Sport Coupe. Black, Black Leather with Red Piping, Black Alloy Gear Knob, K&N Air Filter Element, Turbo Tie rods.

Last edited by NathanUK; 06-12-2007 at 11:22 AM..
Old 06-12-2007, 11:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #106 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]
Driver

Garage
Here's a thread on what it takes to upgrade from 4-spd to 5-spd. Again, most people don't feel it's worth the effort and expense. Just get the 5-speed, if you really care that much.\

edit: Don't know why the direct link isn't working. So just click on the red "Turbo" on the left, and then "911 Turbo." There's a thread on conversions.

Last edited by Noah930; 06-12-2007 at 05:42 PM..
Old 06-12-2007, 05:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #107 (permalink)
A fellow Pelacanite

Garage
http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/showthread.php?t=358424

Old 06-13-2007, 02:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #108 (permalink)

So how do you identify a G50/50 or G50/52. are they marked with these #s. Also what is the top speed ona 4 speed compared to a 5 speed?
Old 06-13-2007, 03:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #109 (permalink)
A fellow Pelacanite

Garage
The trannys are marked with a number. Also marked with a 12 to indicate LSD IIRC.
There are various 5 speed boxes, each one may have different ratios.

Approx 160 to 180 mph depending on which tranny. Hopefully someone knows exactly which is which.

The plain G50's and the 915's will be the 160mph boxes.
The 930's 180mph ???
The G50/50's 180mph ???

Last edited by NathanUK; 06-13-2007 at 03:32 PM..
Old 06-13-2007, 03:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #110 (permalink)

Garage
Sorry

Sorry but we have taken a vote and decided you will not be allowed to buy a Porsche. There is no appeal and our minds will not be changed. Sorry.
AMG V8 SL55 Mercedes, 993 C2, 86' Carrera 3.6 hot rod, Purple 1998 993 that didn't make the cut, 3 very old 930s, A/Fuel Dragster CH3NO2 (R.I.P.), Blown Alcohol TAD, AA/AA, 360 Maxim wingless, Cummins Turbo Diesel. Amateur Welder, Painter and sculptor sort of. -
Old 06-13-2007, 07:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #111 (permalink)

Re: Sorry

Quote:
Sorry but we have taken a vote and decided you will not be allowed to buy a Porsche. There is no appeal and our minds will not be changed. Sorry.
LMAO
Old 06-13-2007, 08:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #112 (permalink)

Re: Re: Sorry

Quote:
Originally posted by dewolf
LMAO
What are you? a 2 year?
Old 06-13-2007, 11:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #113 (permalink)

Quote:
you too slick.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #114 (permalink)

Quote:
On the other side their is a lot of nice people on here that been very helpful answering my questions, emailing me useful links, information and articles about the things I need to know. You two should be ashamed of you silliness and quite it.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #115 (permalink)

Re: Re: Re: Sorry

Quote:
Originally posted by TURBOJET
What are you? a 2 year?
yep, a 2 year 930 owner. that is I've owned it for 2 years.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #116 (permalink)

Re: Re: Sorry

Quote:
information and articles about the things I need to know.
What YOU should be researching without coming on here sounding like a moron. If you're going to buy a car, any car that's expensive you do a internet search and learn what you can. Then go onto forums and ask the right questions.
I find it hard to believe that you've done all that work to your Saab and you know nothing about Porsche. I'm not saying I know everything but I try to find related articles before asking uninformed questions.
Find a car you like, drive it ( have you driven one yet), if you like it, have it inspected. If it checks out, then buy it. Don't ask 1 billion questions that aren't even relevant to the car you DON'T own.
It's easy to say " I want a Porsche turbo" and it's even easier to find informative articles across the internet. Like I said, go drive some. Porsche's aren't for everybody, and that's something only you will find out for yourself. And remember that if you want a really fast Porsche turbo you better have very deep pockets.

"Sorry but we have taken a vote and decided you will not be allowed to buy a Porsche. There is no appeal and our minds will not be changed. Sorry."

And yes, I find this statement very funny

Last edited by dewolf; 06-14-2007 at 01:18 AM..
Old 06-14-2007, 01:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #117 (permalink)

If my questions are hurting you so bad then just do not come back hear, I find that you are the one sounding like a moran when you keep coming back to a thread that you are not supporting. And why just to talk garabage.
Go away, you and your body. One day your jaws will be droping over the Porsche I will build and you will be ashamed of your rudeness and chieldish acts. Unbeleivable. again if you are so annouyed . then unsubscribe. It's Plain and simple. and please..... I do not need your generous advise... it's too late for that... keep it for your self. their no need to pretend to be advising me after you've been so rude . Just go away and enjoy your life.

Last edited by TURBOJET; 06-14-2007 at 03:16 AM..
Old 06-14-2007, 03:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #118 (permalink)

Still haven't driven one yet have you? It would seem everybody here is doing all the research for you, would you like us to find a car for you too?

you wrote;

"this nice too but the price is too hot to touch."
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1987...tem180128036116

This is too much and now your going to build a fire breathing beast, lol

you also wrote;

"I know a little about shortening the final ratio on the G50. but does that makes you loose top speed."

Once again you've done all that work to your Saab and you don't understand that lowering (shortening) the ratio will lower the top end!! WT

Oh and by the way, when I was looking for my 930 I did my own research then came here to learn more. I have a 930 Turbo and you have a ??

Last edited by dewolf; 06-14-2007 at 04:46 AM..
Old 06-14-2007, 03:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #119 (permalink)

Quote:
One day your jaws will be droping over the Porsche I will build
My Porsche's for your viewing pleasure

Old 06-14-2007, 05:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #120 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: