Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Source for seat brackets

I am going to be installing some aftermarket seats (Hunsaker) into my 930. They come with universal sliders (look pretty good) that attach to the seat bottoms. The issue is that they are 14" on center and original Porsche brackets mount 16" on center (or close to it). Does anyone have a good source or idea for mounting options??

Are 930 seat mounts (on the floor) identical to 911 mounts??? Does anyone know off hand the side to side and front to back measurements from the floor mounts in a 930??

Thanks
1987 930 - K27 7200 / DAS Full Cage / Blownsix Intercooler / BB Headers / Zork Tube / Tial 46mm / Adjustable WUR / RPM Activated Solenoid / Open Element Air Intake / Smart Racing 27mm Sways / 24 and 33mm Torsion Bars / Adj. Spring Plates / Wevo Strut Brace / Monoballs / Tow Hooks / Oil Cooler Scoop / Brey Krauss Harness Truss / Race Seats / XD-16 AFR Guage/ 17" Kodiak Racing Whees and Nitto NT-01 255/315s
Old 06-07-2007, 06:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I think that 911 and 930 have the same floor brackets, the only difference being that the early seats have seat belts attached to the floor and some of the later 930's have seat belts attached to the actual seat bracket/seat, so when you call a shop like Corbeau, they have two 911/930 seat mounts- one for seats where the belt is bolted to the seat side and another where the seat belt is attached directly to the floor.

I don't know if this will help, but Corbeau has seat mounts specifically to fit 911's, whether you can attach your seat to that, I don't know. I think Kirbey makes custom brackets, but maybe only for their seat.

Most body shops know how to take an aluminum billet plate and drill holes in it to mount a seat to. In that case, you would probably use the Porsche seat sliders and just rig that up to the bolts on your seat. I am assuming your car has seat sliders now?

Anyway, that's about the extent of my knowledge.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

The car has the original power seats in it now.
1987 930 - K27 7200 / DAS Full Cage / Blownsix Intercooler / BB Headers / Zork Tube / Tial 46mm / Adjustable WUR / RPM Activated Solenoid / Open Element Air Intake / Smart Racing 27mm Sways / 24 and 33mm Torsion Bars / Adj. Spring Plates / Wevo Strut Brace / Monoballs / Tow Hooks / Oil Cooler Scoop / Brey Krauss Harness Truss / Race Seats / XD-16 AFR Guage/ 17" Kodiak Racing Whees and Nitto NT-01 255/315s
Old 06-07-2007, 08:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Just a guess, since i've never seen them, but maybe your seats are the type with the seat belt receptor attached to the seat/bracket, instead of being attached straight into the floor.

Also sounds like you won't have OEM sliders....at least you have them on your aftermarket seats.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Re: Source for seat brackets

Quote:
Originally posted by F350Lawman

Are 930 seat mounts (on the floor) identical to 911 mounts???
I'm fairly sure that they are.

I think they're all interchangable from the mid-years (and possibly earlier) up to 1989 - at least.

I do know that early 80's 924/944 sliders bolt straight up to SC seats and bolt straight into a middie S.

Quote:

Does anyone know off hand the side to side and front to back measurements from the floor mounts in a 930??

Thanks
The holes in the Recaro sliders I just removed from my middie are 29.5cm (11 5/8") front-to-back, and 40.5cm (that looks to be a hair under 15 15/16") side-to-side.

That's center-to-center (actually, from one edge of the hole to the same edge for its partner).

Hope this helps.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: