Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Turbo Specs

I'm exploring the idea of using a Porsche turbo on a 3.1L Corvair motor. The stock Rayjay on the 'vairs could do with some upgrading, and the Porsche turbos are also oil cooled so it's a logical place to look for upgrades. I've poked around the web and can't seem to find a site that has good specs on the various turbos used on Porsche's.

Any suggestions? Either sites or your .02 on my quest is appreciated.

Thanks
Old 06-09-2007, 02:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Don't know the specs. but I think the old KKK 3DLZ turbo that EVERYONE upgrades should be plenty for an old Corvair motor. It might be "laggy" compared to the newer variants but you can get one for free or close to it from guys on this board who have replaced them.

P.S. My 1st car memories are riding in my Father's Corvair...cool cars. A shame they got "Nadered"
1987 930 - K27 7200 / DAS Full Cage / Blownsix Intercooler / BB Headers / Zork Tube / Tial 46mm / Adjustable WUR / RPM Activated Solenoid / Open Element Air Intake / Smart Racing 27mm Sways / 24 and 33mm Torsion Bars / Adj. Spring Plates / Wevo Strut Brace / Monoballs / Tow Hooks / Oil Cooler Scoop / Brey Krauss Harness Truss / Race Seats / XD-16 AFR Guage/ 17" Kodiak Racing Whees and Nitto NT-01 255/315s

Last edited by F350Lawman; 06-09-2007 at 08:07 PM..
Old 06-09-2007, 08:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Thanks

Thanks!

Know of any sites that has good detail/info on this model of KKK?

Which years were they used on?
Old 06-09-2007, 08:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

K26

I still haven't been able to find a comprehensive site with specs.

I'm confused though. I've been surfing Ebay, getting a feel for what's out there. I keep seeing K26 and K27 turbos listed as being for 944s and 911s?

Wouldn't the 944's have a water cooled turbo, and the 911's an oil cooled turbo?
Old 06-18-2007, 08:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: