Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Porsche Crest Hargett Precision Shifter!!!

I just wanted to make a quick post and let you guys know I got my Hargett Precision shifter installed this weekend. I am unable to drive the car as I am still in the middle of my EFI conversion.

I will tell you thought that the quality of the product is incredible! The fit and finish is flawless! I must give credit where credit is due and thank Mark Hargett of Hargett Precision for making a great product!

The position of the shifter is far superior to factory, placing the shifter very near the steering wheel. I cant wait to get this out on the road because I know it is going to perform as good as it looks.

Thanks Mark!

Old 06-11-2007, 09:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I 2nd that, I got mine last week also.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Any pics?????

Interested in pics for sure!!
How difficult was the install?
What did you do to cover the hole where the factory shifter was?

TIA.

Mark
K27 7200, Tial 46mm WG with straight pipe, Fabspeed Exhaust,B&B halfbay IC, Wevo mounts, Rennline floorboards, Rennline goodies, Optima mount, Elephant finned oil lines, widemouth cooler, high speed fan.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I'm also curious to know how the e-brake is used with the conversion.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Best thing you could ever add to your car, especially if you drive it hard, and on the track.... Precise, feels good, etc...
If you drive on the street, its still an awesome addition....

Brian
My Track Videos
TEC3 EFI Conversion on 1983 930
Old 06-11-2007, 12:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

I'll be sure to post some pics of the shifter installed and the cover over the coupler as soon as I get the cover modified to be used and the old shifter location covered.

The e brake just needs to be adjusted a little tighter and you can still use it by reaching under and through the front of the Hargett unit, although my brake upgrade does not permit me to use one any more. Oh well.

It's nice to see the good comments about Mark here. He does a great job and is very helpful over the phone as well!
Old 06-11-2007, 02:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

shifter

i installed my new shifter this weekend. product seems extremely well made and the shifter location is great. i cut an aluminum plate to cover the original shifter opening and used it as a mounting point for a fire extinguisher. i have a recently rebuilt short bellhousing 930 gearbox....that requires lots of pressure to shift into reverse....anyone have any suggestions as to what might cause this...i did not notice it being so difficult with the original shifter....and yes mark was very helpful even on the weekend!
Old 06-11-2007, 02:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Interesting product--- has anyone used in 964/993 situation? Either with 5 or 6 speed? very interested in results.
Old 06-11-2007, 03:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Wo ist die Rennstrecke?

So, can you still keep the stock emergency brake or not?

What about the heat control unit?

Also, how does the shift shaft go through the center tunnel to connect to the tranny?

What are you doing with the hole left by the stock shifter?
Old 06-11-2007, 03:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Did the install require any drilling/modification of stock components, or did it use all original mounting locations? Obviously the tunnel cover will need mods, but I am more worried about having to drill a bunch of holes for mounting
06 Dodge Ram 2500 Power Wagon: Tow Vehicle
Old 06-11-2007, 05:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

I want my console or I would buy one
Old 06-11-2007, 08:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

You need to fab up a plate to cover the old shifter location.

The e brake lever is still able to be used in its existing location, you just need to be a little crafty at setting and releasing it. That is why I mentioned in my earlier post that I am adjusting my e brake a little tighter to make it easier to deal with.

The linkage goes inside the car above the tunnel like the old 935 idea. The cover plate that hides the shift coupler to the transaxle can be cut to allow the linkage to pass while keeping majority of the access hole covered.

The heater control unit might be a bit of an issue. I took mine out when I installed my heat delete headers so I honestly cant tell you. Sorry Don.

Hope this helped.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Garage
Could you take some pics of the installed shifter from a few different angles?
Old 06-12-2007, 04:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

I'll do it asap along with some other pics tonight once Im done with some paint and fab work.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: