Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Bad Dizzy?

Hi guys,
Can someone with an 87 930 with a stock distributer. tell me what the idle ignition timing is supposed to be. I timed it on mine at 4000 RPM and 26 degrees BTDC. At idle it is 10 degrees BTDC with hoses disconnected and plugged. Don't have the factory manual, and from what I understand If both specs are not right on then you know the mechanical advance isn't working. also correct me if i am wrong, on the dual pot dizzy, vacuum is supposed to gradually retard the ignition timing, and only mechanical advance is used to advance the timing, with the exception of the electric thermal valve that is supposed to advance the timing when cold slightly until the engine warms. Thanks for the help guys, I think I read somewhere that the timing at idle is supposed to be around 10 ATDC. Might be time to have the dizzy rebuilt.

Eric 87 930
Old 06-14-2007, 03:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: