Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Porsche Crest Wheel stud question....

I recently purchased a set of Fikse FM10's for my 77 Turbo. I ended up switching the wheel spacers front to rear to correct the rear wheels being out a little too far and the fronts being a little too inward. With the spacers switched the wheels are a perfect fit.

Can I do the same thing with the wheel studs? I now have minimun thread engagement on the front wheels and the studs stick out of the open end of my lug nuts in the rear. If I am able to switch the studs out this should take care of the issue correct?

Thanks for your thoughts here. I know its a strange question, Im hoping I worded it well enough to be understood.

............................................Chris
Old 06-14-2007, 10:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

If you measure the stud length front and back you should be able to work out if your idea will work. I would think that you'd be correct though.
Old 06-15-2007, 02:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Sounds like a plan. If the spacers and studs were correct before as a set they should be correct if moved as a set.
Old 06-15-2007, 04:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I would buy longer studs for the front, and keep the rears as they are by using open ended lugs. Or, if that's not an option, buy all new studs. Re-using wheel studs will in the best scenario work, but I personally wouldn't be too confident that re-installed studs wouldn't slip/spin in the hub at some point.

I did a similar swap when I went to BBS wheels in that I put the 1" rear spacers on the front (with new studs). I had to go to a 2.0" spacer on the rear, so I kept the original studs and used a spacer that bolts to the hub using them.

Pat K
87 930
Old 06-15-2007, 06:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: