Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
[QUOTE]Originally posted by beepbeep
[B]911's can be made to move quite fast.

WOW, that sounds freaking sick! Is been a long time since I seen "Its fun" Im very happy to see that they are still going at it, any more pictures, website links, anything ???????

awesome burnout !
Old 06-21-2007, 08:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by juan ruiz

WOW, that sounds freaking sick! Is been a long time since I seen "Its fun" Im very happy to see that they are still going at it, any more pictures, website links, anything ???????

awesome burnout !
I wasn't involved in project that much for last 6 months beacuse of health issues but It's Fun team is wrenching away full till!

Short synopsis:
Engine was shot at Nurburgring last summer.
New engine built from 993 3.6 core. Stock (ported) heads/crank, stock 993TT pistons. Induction stuff from old engine.
Engine dynoed with new style long headers, it gave a tad less power than old one but much better torque spread (=faster in real world). 2 bar max boost.
Air jacks installed in car.
Front suspension redesigned (old one was too stiff and had too short suspension travel)
Tranny rebuilt by PHII and regeared. Quarter mile is now done w/o shifting to 5:th. 5:th gear tops out at ~310km/h.
Quaife diff thrown out, Porsche motorsport clutch diff installed.
New 3-disc heavy duty clutch installed, SAAB 9000 cylinder.

Car is basically tuned to race around corners. 9,59sec time was done on a "tryout" Drag race just to check how fast it will go. It was the first time it run with radial slicks. It has stock rear suspension tuned to track use and no spool. And it runs like a clock!

I believe that removing couple of track items (second seat, fire extinguishier and overworked cage), running full 2.0 bar of boost and regearing of tranny would push it further down 9 seconds and just maybe make it faster than Bello's 9,17 sec stripped out 911.

Track setup:
1.4 bar of boost, dynoed to 751hp and very broad torque curve (!). Car accellerates 0-100km/h in 3.41 sec and 100-200km/h in 4.96 sec with Yokohama R-compound street tires. It's quite peppy.

I'll post longer synopsis in IF2 thread later.

Cheers!

Enviroment-friendly:

Last edited by beepbeep; 06-22-2007 at 03:24 AM..
Old 06-22-2007, 03:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: