Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

View Poll Results: Which of these gauges do you have in your turbocharged Porsche?
Air Fuel Ratio 13 76.47%
Manifold Pressure/boost 13 76.47%
Fuel Pressure 3 17.65%
Exhaust Gas Temperature 2 11.76%
Charge Temperature 1 5.88%
Voltage Meter 6 35.29%
Cylinder Head Temperature 3 17.65%
Other 1 5.88%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Extra gauges --> LM1 boost, etc.

Hello Pelicans,

I am planning my conversion to the dark side (boost). I won't install any components of my turbo kit until I have the correct gauges so I can know that the engine is running safely within the margins. This is the list of gauges that I think would be useful:

Air Fuel Ratio
Manifold Pressure/boost
Exhaust Gas Temperature
Fuel Pressure
Charge Temperature
Cylinder Head Temperature
Voltage Meter

I know the Voltage Meter is not required for boost, but I want to know what is going on with the electrical system anyway.

Please let me know which gauges you have by clicking on the poll above, and if you have another type of gauge that is not listed, please let me know what that is.

Am I going overboard with my list of gauges?
"Driving in its most beautiful form"

Last edited by JeffreyNMemphis; 06-28-2007 at 01:15 PM..
Old 06-28-2007, 01:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

l`ve got all of those except the intercooler/charge temp. l found an Andial before/after digital intercooler guage at the Pomona swap several years ago and didn`t buy it. $80- it was. Don`t you hate that?
Old 06-29-2007, 09:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
A fellow Pelacanite

Garage
They are aircraft gauges.
1981 UK 930. G50/01 shortened, 964 3.8RS Fibreglass Body Kit, 18" Alloys 8.5" F & 10" R, 225's F & 285's R, Special Colour Metallic Blue Paint, FIA Sparco Evo's, A/C and Air Pump removed, Electronic Boost Controller, GHL Headers, Tial46 WG.
Fitting - New service kit.
Needs Fitting - Innovate XD-16 Kit, Kokeln IC. Stephen's K27 HFS, EVO Intake Assy & his Modded USA Fuel Head.

1983 UK 911 3.2 Carrera Sport Coupe. Black, Black Leather with Red Piping, Black Alloy Gear Knob, K&N Air Filter Element, Turbo Tie rods.
Needs Fitting - K&N CO Sensor, Round A/F Dial Gauge, Factory Short Shift Kit.

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Iamnotanumber.jpg
Old 06-30-2007, 01:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Hello Pelicans,

So far, 78 people have viewed this post, but nobody is contributing to the poll numbers. I don't want to be the first one to click off which gauges I have, cause I don't have any yet!!

Please, take a second and go to the top of this thread and check off your gauges. It will be interesting to see what the numbers tally up to.

Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!!
"Driving in its most beautiful form"
Old 06-30-2007, 05:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
A fellow Pelacanite

Garage
My car is not finished.

I would think that AFR, boost, charge temp (before and after IC), CHT & finally 6 EGT's (1 for each cylinder) would be ideal. The rest are IMO not essential.

I guess the Voltmeter might save you frying a battery due to overcharging but I have never had that happen in a car yet (touch wood).
1981 UK 930. G50/01 shortened, 964 3.8RS Fibreglass Body Kit, 18" Alloys 8.5" F & 10" R, 225's F & 285's R, Special Colour Metallic Blue Paint, FIA Sparco Evo's, A/C and Air Pump removed, Electronic Boost Controller, GHL Headers, Tial46 WG.
Fitting - New service kit.
Needs Fitting - Innovate XD-16 Kit, Kokeln IC. Stephen's K27 HFS, EVO Intake Assy & his Modded USA Fuel Head.

1983 UK 911 3.2 Carrera Sport Coupe. Black, Black Leather with Red Piping, Black Alloy Gear Knob, K&N Air Filter Element, Turbo Tie rods.
Needs Fitting - K&N CO Sensor, Round A/F Dial Gauge, Factory Short Shift Kit.

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Iamnotanumber.jpg

Last edited by NathanUK; 06-30-2007 at 08:19 AM..
Old 06-30-2007, 08:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: