Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Metal Guru

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by Erik Mckenna
Paul,
THAT IS 110% SEXY!!!!!!!!!
what a great color!! and those are the best whel ever made by Porsche for a 911. Really that is a GREAT machine!!!!!
it looks so clean do you simply take killer care of it or.... is it a low mileage 965?
Thanks everyone.
I've only had it a month or so. The PO dumped a ton of money into it and was a real fanatic (kind of like me) about his Porsches (he's currently got a 997 C4 and a Boxster S) so it was a good buy for me. It's got almost 70k miles but the paint and interior are like it's got 20k miles.
That color is Slate Gray. According to the Red Book that was a "special order" color (I always thought of a special order color as paint to match sample but oh well). Interior is black leather with some Alcantera suede and a special fabric from Agusta that they use on their motorcycle seats (PO had the interior re-done like this).
The PO also put the RH wheels and H&R coilovers on it.
Port matched, SC cams, K27/K29 turbo, Roush Performance custom headers w/Tial MV-S dual wastegates, Rarlyl8 muffler, LWFW, GT2 clutch & PP, BL wur, factory RS shifter, RS mounts, FVD timing mod, Big Reds, - 210 lb
Old 07-02-2007, 10:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Gotta Jibboo

Garage
Send a message via AIM to BSiple
Great looking 964T Paul, of course I am partial to them! The PO of mine also spent a bunch of $$ on it, thankfully all on go fast goodies. I just turned 39K miles.

Bill

I don't know why I do the hillbilly things I do.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
Me like track days

If you want "growl" you can't beat the Zork.
Growl personified.......
Old 07-02-2007, 06:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Paul, I miss-typed when I commented on your exhaust system. I typed that it looked like GHL heat exchangers and a modded stock muffler. I meant that it looked like GHL and it looked like a modded stock muffler.
I noticed the square seam on the passenger's side end of the muffler.
Very interesting design. What type of baffling does it have? I see a couple of tubes of some sort in there.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Brian..

No worries.. It does have a square seam and actually a square-ish shape over all. Not sure what the baffling is but it ain't much. Haven't really had time to take a good look at.

I'll be getting around to cleaning it up soon and will give you a better detail of it. It's definitely a weird piece but somebody but some time and thought into it as the materials and workmanship are 1st rate.
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!
Old 07-03-2007, 07:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
Macht Schnell

Quote:
Originally posted by robert_snyder
Erik,

Try the Fabspeed muffler, its kinda like a zork with a baffle aroud it. You can roll a tennis ball through it and it got a growl...or .. Try the zork with a new lower valance with the center cutout...Look, Run and sound awesome. I'm thinking of a zork too.. I have two Harleys on my block that are way louder and nobody has complained yet.

Who makes a good stainless zork?

Bob
I have a Fabspeed and love it. The Tennis ball trick is no joke. It is actually amazing how well it muffles considering the freeflow. It ain't no zork though in relation to noise.

Les
---Les Garten---85 930, Andial IC, GHL Headers, Fabspeed Dual, K-27 HF2, 3.4 JE Full Finned 7.5:1 CR, 964 CAM'd, Carerra 3.2 Manifold Cut/Flipped, Tec3r, Siemans 55#, GSF Fuel Rails, Clewett Crank Trigger, Clewett Cam Trigger,Dual Plugged, ARP Head Studs/Rod Bolts, Clewett Wires.Tial 46mm WG, Tial 50mm BOV, WEVO Shifter,934 Boost Gauge, Wideband EGO Sensor/Gauge, C2T Head Gaskets, '88 MB 300TE,BMW R100RT
Old 07-06-2007, 01:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: