Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Is anyone out there making an exhaust like this!! I LOVE this look!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=001&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=110132593995&rd=1

sorry it wouldn't let me copy the pics..
Old 06-29-2007, 12:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Metal Guru

Garage
Eric, your kidding, right? That's fugly.
Your going to keep that 930 stock or I'm going to get in my 964T, drive to Dayton and personally take care of this
Don't make me come down there.......
Port matched, SC cams, K27/K29 turbo, Roush Performance custom headers w/Tial MV-S dual wastegates, Rarlyl8 muffler, LWFW, GT2 clutch & PP, BL wur, factory RS shifter, RS mounts, FVD timing mod, Big Reds, - 210 lb
Old 06-29-2007, 01:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
I saw those exchangers for sale here on Pelican and Rennlist a week or so ago. The exchangers look like GHL and the muffler is modded stock. I can't imagine how loud that is. Wow!
Old 06-29-2007, 01:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by 911nut
Eric, your kidding, right? That's fugly.
Your going to keep that 930 stock or I'm going to get in my 964T, drive to Dayton and personally take care of this
Don't make me come down there.......

Grrrrrrrrrr! I want to...... but! it's simply not very loud and the stock exhaust that is on it sounds very "tinny" or like a "Buzzy" sound. I HATE it!
I am either going to go with something custom like this in the ebay ad... or slap the 1980's RUF BTR exhaust my bro-in-law has sitting in the garage. i am leaning towrds the RUF set up but I DO like the center mounted exhaust pipes... I am going to buy a zork from Rarlyl8 ( Brian).
I promise to keep it stock in every other sence. I am going to put my 92 Carrera RS buckets in it once i get the center pads re-done in the cork interior color and the back of the buckets painted white.

Brian,
I'll bet it sounds FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-29-2007, 02:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Hey Paul.. show me some pictures of the car!
Old 06-29-2007, 02:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
sudo apt-get purge 930

Erik, I have to agree with Paul. That is an insult to fugly. It looks like a couple of fart can rocket boosters. But if you like it do it. No I changed my mind, don't do it.

"Worrying about depreciation on your car and keeping mileage down is like not ****ing your girlfriend so her next boyfriend finds her more appealing"
--clutch-monkey
Old 06-29-2007, 03:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Metal Guru

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by Erik Mckenna
Hey Paul.. show me some pictures of the car!
I got to take some "art shots" tomorrow.
Port matched, SC cams, K27/K29 turbo, Roush Performance custom headers w/Tial MV-S dual wastegates, Rarlyl8 muffler, LWFW, GT2 clutch & PP, BL wur, factory RS shifter, RS mounts, FVD timing mod, Big Reds, - 210 lb
Old 06-29-2007, 03:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Does the 930 J-pipe fit on the Carrera NA heat exchangers?
"Driving in its most beautiful form"
Old 06-29-2007, 04:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Yes, the 930 J-pipe fits the Carrera heat exchangers.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Location: Reno NV, Bay Area during most weeks,, Kids still in NH
Send a message via AIM to 9dreizig
Erik, Paul is right, VERY FUGLY!!! Get the zork tube from Brian,,, you won't be sorry
91 Spec Miata (yeah I race a chick car)
"life"ll kill ya" Warren Zevon
Old 06-29-2007, 09:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Oh... Iam getting the zork from Brian. I am simply looking for something with a bit more growl for the street use as well.
The zork will be mainly for the track as well as for some fun runs or when I just feel ike pizzing off the neighbors
Old 06-30-2007, 05:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Erik Mckenna
Oh... Iam getting the zork from Brian. I am simply looking for something with a bit more growl for the street use as well.
The zork will be mainly for the track as well as for some fun runs or when I just feel ike pizzing off the neighbors
then buy one of brians mufflers

914-6 2.4s GT tribute.
914-6werkshop.com manufacturer of 914-6, GT, Conversion parts
Old 06-30-2007, 05:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

The one I want he isn't finished with yet... I am waiting to see pictures of his GT3 style 930 set up.
Old 06-30-2007, 05:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Garage
Erik,

Try the Fabspeed muffler, its kinda like a zork with a baffle aroud it. You can roll a tennis ball through it and it got a growl...or .. Try the zork with a new lower valance with the center cutout...Look, Run and sound awesome. I'm thinking of a zork too.. I have two Harleys on my block that are way louder and nobody has complained yet.

Who makes a good stainless zork?

Bob
Old 06-30-2007, 09:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
A fellow Pelacanite

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by robert_snyder
Who makes a good stainless zork?

Bob
Judging by the look of the neatness of the welds I would say that Ben & Brian do .
1981 UK 930. G50/01 shortened, 964 3.8RS Fibreglass Body Kit, 18" Alloys 8.5" F & 10" R, 225's F & 285's R, Special Colour Metallic Blue Paint, FIA Sparco Evo's, A/C and Air Pump removed, Electronic Boost Controller, GHL Headers, Tial46 WG.
Fitting - New service kit.
Needs Fitting - Innovate XD-16 Kit, Kokeln IC. Stephen's K27 HFS, EVO Intake Assy & his Modded USA Fuel Head.

1983 UK 911 3.2 Carrera Sport Coupe. Black, Black Leather with Red Piping, Black Alloy Gear Knob, K&N Air Filter Element, Turbo Tie rods.
Needs Fitting - K&N CO Sensor, Round A/F Dial Gauge, Factory Short Shift Kit.

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Iamnotanumber.jpg
Old 06-30-2007, 09:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Metal Guru

Garage
Eric,
Here it is....

Old 07-01-2007, 06:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Paul,
THAT IS 110% SEXY!!!!!!!!!
what a great color!! and those are the best whel ever made by Porsche for a 911. Really that is a GREAT machine!!!!!
it looks so clean do you simply take killer care of it or.... is it a low mileage 965?
Old 07-01-2007, 08:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Location: Reno NV, Bay Area during most weeks,, Kids still in NH
Send a message via AIM to 9dreizig
Paul, what color is that??
91 Spec Miata (yeah I race a chick car)
"life"ll kill ya" Warren Zevon
Old 07-01-2007, 09:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by RarlyL8
I saw those exchangers for sale here on Pelican and Rennlist a week or so ago. The exchangers look like GHL and the muffler is modded stock. I can't imagine how loud that is. Wow!
Brian...Yes, you are correct, they were GHL and they were for sale (sold) here on Pelican a couple of weeks ago.. The muffler is not a modded stock piece. It's a custom stainless muffler that was made-up awhile ago by Protomotive. The tips are polished 4" and it barks!

The car previously had a Zork that was too short and it kept cooking the paint on the tag and the bumper every time it breathed that flame!

These items were on a friend's turbo that has been sold.. I decided to keep muffler, clean it up, and try that Fugly thing on my car!

I'll post when done...

Paul
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!
Old 07-02-2007, 08:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Hey Paul B..

Nice car by the way.. love the grey!

I too understand the need for a little noise..

Paul,
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!
Old 07-02-2007, 08:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: